GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Pneumonia
Pneumonia
Question
Sep 12 2014
06:58:23 PM
Hey gang,
I've had pneumonia for a week and haven't been able to spend any time with my furry babies
I'm on medication now, but I cough like the dickens. I just wondered if I'm up to it, is it safe to hang out with them again? I know their lungs are very sensitive but I hate for them to be so neglected.
Thanks for the advice in advance.
Question
Sep 13 2014
03:52:06 PM
astockd1 Face Hugger Visit astockd1's Photo Album 478 Posts
I have no idea! Pneumonia IS contagious, so it might be best to ask your doctor when your contagious period is over. You can try wearing a mask over your mouth and nose to play with them. At least make sure you're changing up their cage environment every day if you can't play with them. Good luck!
Question
Sep 14 2014
08:24:04 AM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
Thank you! I WISH I had a mask because I would happily wear one to be with my babies. I'll do what I can with their cage. I still talk to them while they sleep, and they're getting a few extra treats when they peek their heads out to see me (which they do whenever they hear my voice, even during the day- love my gliders so much!)
P.s. Pneumonia really stinks!
Question
Sep 14 2014
10:20:13 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
I'm sorry...Hope you're feeling better soon! There are studies that show that there are many 'illness' that are not communicable between gliders and humans, but I know that there are others which certainly would be. I think it is based on virus vs. infection. Infection would seem to have more probability of being contagious between the species. Anyway...I take no chances, personally. Even with a cold sore. I didn't have play time while I had one and made sure to sanitize my hands etc. before preparing their food.
Pneumonia

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Pneumonia