Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
LGRS suggie soup: before and after
Food, Diet
Sep 14 2014
09:33:07 AM

On the left, my suggie had brownish fur and was very cracked.. His previous owner had him on pellets. On the right, I have a picture I took today after putting him on LGRS suggie soup for about 3 months. His coat is a lot more smooth and his color changed to a more gray coat, but you can see it more on the bottom picture.

His fur is still a little bit cracked around his shoulders but it's still a huge change! Especially the color!
Food, Diet
Sep 14 2014
11:26:22 AM
rustypossumfart Face Hugger Visit rustypossumfart's Photo Album USA 459 Posts
He is such a beauty. It is nice to see such improvements just from a change of diets.

As for the cracked fur, it may not necessarily be a diet issue at this point, but a humidity one. I have both a humidifier and dehumidifier (depending what the situation calls for) due to health issues. In any case, since I got them I try to keep it at around a humidity of %85, and I have never experience cracked fur or any other issues.

Just an idea.
Food, Diet
Sep 14 2014
09:26:12 PM
marisa0820 Super Glider Visit marisa0820's Photo Album marisa0820's Journal USA 222 Posts
Thank you kindly! :) I hope he continues to remain healthy and happy with me as his new mommy.

As far as humidity, I love in south Florida where it's 99.999% humid! I wish I was kidding.. Lol :)
Is humidity a good thing for their fur or bad?
Food, Diet
Sep 15 2014
07:48:15 AM
rustypossumfart Face Hugger Visit rustypossumfart's Photo Album USA 459 Posts
Well, as with everything else, there is a lot of debate. But humidity does affect all animals, including humans (in my case is mainly my sinuous and skin). For gliders their most sensitive part is their ears, low humidity can damage them. Below is a picture:

And as long as it is not dripping wet, the humidity should be good enough. As I said, for my own health I try to keep it around 85-90% and I've never noticed them having any issue, not even during winter.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders