Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Vacation
Vacation
Information
Sep 14 2014
08:21:51 PM
so I'm going to be on vacation for a week here in a couple of days and I wanna make sure I have everything right:

I have two male gliders (Gavin and Michael). They love each other. They have little fights but nothing serious.
I have food made for them to last the week that I'm gone, plus the vitamins.
I have a friend coming over every day to feed them, change their water and check on them.
I'm gonna sleep with a shirt so they can have my scent with them while I'm gone
I'm gonna give my friend the vet's address and number, my number and another glider owner number just in case something happens.
Their cage is clean and big (one of those huge bird cages, plus they have toys, pouches and their wheel)

Is their anything else I need to know before I go? I'm really really over protective of my babies.
Information
Sep 14 2014
08:55:17 PM
astockd1 Face Hugger Visit astockd1's Photo Album 478 Posts
Make sure the room will be a good temperature for them. For me, we have to turn the heater on now at night because it gets below 70. Also, you could ask your friend to come before they wake up halfway through your trip to switch up the toys in their cage, which helps with mental stimulation. Anyways, they should be fine! =)
Information
Sep 15 2014
08:24:38 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
They'll be ok since you're made such good provisions...it's harder on us glider parents than it is the gliders when we're away!

I would advise against the shirt and opt for fleece strips if you want to leave something with your scent (keep the strips on you for awhile like you would the shirt). You just don't want to risk them getting a nail caught in either the fabric or the stitching and have an emergency such as a broken bone or worse while you are away and not able to get them to the vet yourself.
Vacation

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Vacation