Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
temperature
temperature
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 15 2014
01:29:27 AM
As the season is changing so the the temperature in my house. I have yet to turn my heater on and am worried if the chill will bother my gliders and oop joeys. Would putting an under tank heater on the side of their cage be safe? Or maybe a blanket covering all but the front?
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 15 2014
07:51:36 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what an under 'tank' heater is but, any heater too near the cage is a bad idea.

The rule of thumb is that if it is a comfortable temperature for you it is also for them, however when you start dipping into the 60's or have significant cold drafts the blanket covering the cage is a good idea. Also a space heater in the room but away from the cage could help. Too much dry air from a heater can cause issues with their fragile ears and hydration.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 15 2014
08:17:44 AM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
Normally what i do is use a space heater and a humidifier.... :)

Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 16 2014
07:12:15 PM
astockd1 Face Hugger Visit astockd1's Photo Album 478 Posts
Keep it above 70 at all times. You can cover the cage mostly with a blanket or sheet to help keep warmth in, I do that now that it's 70. But make sure there's some air exchange too. We have our heater on 70 so that it doesn't get below that in the house. We also have oop joeys, and they're much more sensitive to cold so I don't want to take any chances.
temperature

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
temperature