Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
What diet best for joey?
What diet best for joey?
Food, Diet
Sep 15 2014
01:29:28 PM
I am a new glider mommy to a couple of joeys that just became ready to leave their momma. I've had sugar gliders before, but older ones who already had a specific diet. I'm curious on what would be the best diet for a joey who hasn't tried any diet before. I'm use to making BML mix but I just wanted to get some opinions. Thanks!
Food, Diet
Sep 15 2014
01:35:14 PM
Helen88uk Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Helen88uk's Photo Album United Kingdom 1774 Posts
What diet did the breeder feed? The joeys would have been eating that for a few weeks so if it's a recognised one then maybe stick to that if they're eating it now. Sometimes gliders can be funny when you swap diets so if what they're getting now is good then maybe stick with it :)

Edited by - Helen88uk on Sep 15 2014 01:36:16 PM
Food, Diet
Sep 15 2014
08:41:42 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
As Helen said, ask the breeder what diet her gliders are on. This will be the easiest one to start your joeys off on since they will have been sharing the dinner served to their parents during the weaning process.

If you do not want to stick with their former diet then choose one of the recognized diets that you would like to use and start them out at your home on the diet you prefer.

It will take them a few days to adjust to a new home, being away from their parents and possibly a new diet so they might not eat especially well for a few days. Just give them a few days to get used to all the changes before you worry about their eating habits.
What diet best for joey?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
What diet best for joey?