Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
hey guys. neither one of my gliders seem to like treats
Question
Sep 15 2014
07:07:13 PM
Has anyone had this problem? I lucked out and got 2 super sweet gliders they've been climbing onto my hand since the first time since I gave them food. But the only treat they've ever eaten is vanilla yogurt and they rarely eat that. I'm wondering if its because my breeder fed reeps and they just don't like sweet stuff. I've tried weening them off but they just won't eat if I change there diet at all. Finally I decided since there healthy why change. But any ideas for treats I've tried yogurt, all flavors, applesauce, yogurt drops, honeystick. The only thing they go nuts for is blueberries but I don't wanna give them to much of a particular fruit and spoil there diet
Question
Sep 15 2014
09:39:49 PM
JessPuck Glider Visit JessPuck's Photo Album 144 Posts
My gliders are pretty picky about their treats as well I'm not sure why, they like yogurt drops and vanilla yogurt off my finger basically. And of course mealies and crickets and caterpillars worm things out of the can from exotic nutrition. But being the complete spoiler I am I bought them all kinds of treats (to feed sparingly) but all different kinds so I can change it up. Anyways they aren't overly interested in the pineapple/cherry mix, honey sticks, goji berries, and whatever else I've bought. They do like the coconut cubes though. I donno they're picky little farts.
Question
Sep 16 2014
07:51:25 AM
rustypossumfart Face Hugger Visit rustypossumfart's Photo Album USA 459 Posts
My gliders don't seem to like sweets that much either. When I was feeding fruits and veggies at the beginning, they wouldn't eat much, I served it all mixed up. Then I started separating it, one plate would have only fruits and another only veggies, and noticed that they will eat mainly the veggies. And after my male, Loki, gained more weight than he should have, I started feeding fruits more sparingly (every other day, or every 2 days) and they actually seem to like that better, they still don't eat as much when I serve fruits.

In any case, I don't know if my gliders are weird or whatnot, but they don't like yogurt drops of any flavor. Instead I feed as treat Greek yogurt, they only like the honey one, they get mealies (live ones, they don't like them dried or canned), they adore sunflower seeds, and in rare occasions pistachios. But what they like the most is corn night, once or twice a month a would give them a third of a corn cob (hang in their cage, mine only like it boiled) and the next morning only the cob is left.

Just some suggestions if you would like to try them.
Question
Sep 17 2014
10:17:30 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
Oh corn night! Yeah...it's rare but they are happy gliders on 'junk food night'. I don't have much to comment on as far as suggestions. Mine like dried cranberries, the dehydrated yogurt drops but I haven't found a true yogi that they like, mealies of course. I've been looking at some of the gerber graduate snacks that they have...sort of like dehydrated type crackery things (can't really describe) but I'm on the fence about the ingredients, etc. Some are pretty heavily grain based...although as a treat it might work out.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders