Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is he marking???
Is he marking???
Behavior
Oct 08 2014
09:05:38 PM
I just now witnessed my glider grab my pillow and viciously rub his head on it as well as his entire tummy. He literally took his two little hands and just threw his face into it and rubbed like the pillow was giving him a noogie (however you spell it).

Is this scent marking? He has never done this.
Behavior
Oct 08 2014
09:42:12 PM
astockd1 Face Hugger Visit astockd1's Photo Album 478 Posts
Yep!
Behavior
Oct 08 2014
09:44:53 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
yep he just claimed your pillow lol
Behavior
Oct 09 2014
07:33:17 AM
marisa0820 Super Glider Visit marisa0820's Photo Album marisa0820's Journal USA 222 Posts
oh great Now I guess I can't use it without him fighting me for it I took a video but I'm not sure how to upload it onto this forum! He looked so so funny!
Behavior
Oct 09 2014
08:51:21 AM
drummerrip Joey Visit drummerrip's Photo Album IN, USA 24 Posts
Nah, you won't have to fight him for it, he's probably marked you too! Besides head-rubbing, gliders will also "chest rub" and "booty dance." It's difficult to see them do it while they're perched on your shoulder (unless you have a mirror), but if you notice him doing what looks like a sexy push-up (where he stretches his arms up, and then moves his chest forward while dipping down to rub it on you) that's scent marking as well. :) The "booty dance" is sort of exactly what it sounds like: he might scoot his back end side to side while tracing a faint zig-zag trail with his cloaca. Even my neutered male does this! :)

Anyway, I hope now you can catch him marking you, because there's nothing better that realizing your glider is saying "I love you!" and claiming you as his own!
Behavior
Oct 09 2014
09:33:30 AM
marisa0820 Super Glider Visit marisa0820's Photo Album marisa0820's Journal USA 222 Posts
That is so freaking adorable! Glider twerking lmao. I wouldn't mind it
Behavior
Oct 09 2014
09:51:28 AM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
upload the video to youtube then insert the URL link to a post :P
Is he marking???

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is he marking???