Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My Baby So Far
My Baby So Far
Question
Oct 09 2014
11:16:33 PM
So I have had my cavy Zaggi' for almost 2 months now.

And I just want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to help her get comfortable.
(I'm still in the process of trying to get her a cage buddy...)

For the most part, She's really good.
I hold her throughout the day in her bonding pouch and she doesn't put up a fuss...

The part where i'm questioning is play time.
It seems to be going pretty slow...
When I take her into the bathroom with me, she pretty much ignores me and climbs places...
Which on it's own isn't so bad... but then when i get close to her she tries to bite me.
I have held her in a blanket - she crabbed a lot then...
but it usually ended in me getting bitten...

Is this normal???
I feel like the bonding process is going a bit slow...
How can I help her to trust me? I know it's me and not her...

I honestly love her so much and just want what's best for her :)
Question
Oct 09 2014
11:24:13 PM
mousemhl1993 Joey Visit mousemhl1993's Photo Album 24 Posts
She also sleeps... A LOT!!!

Like... she won't wake up infill 10 PM

and she's asleep before I wake up at 6 AM...

I don't think the lighting is an issue. The lights are on during the day... and off at night.

And I don't wake her up a whole lot during the day... if at all...
Question
Oct 10 2014
08:12:04 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Sounds pretty normal to me :) "Play time" is their play time whether its in the cage or in the bathroom. It's their most active time and time to explore. They don't usually want to cuddle or be held when their awake in cage or out of cage.

While she is probably having a blast exploring, you probably aren't lol bring a book or laptop in the bathroom with you so you have something to do also. Sometimes occupying yourself rather than trying to interact with them will make them more curious about you and what your doing. Making the critter come to you to check you out more, which is what you want them to do ( come to you on their own ) she still probably won't want petted or held so just let her be on you without reaching for her immediately or just offer her a treat when she is on you.

Mine pretty much stay on me even in the bathroom, they play with my hoody strings, groom my hair n eyelashes jump from one hand to other... I also bring a couple of their fav toys in the bathroom with us and snacks n my camera lol.

Sleep...my female wakes up fairly early anywhere from 7:30-9 pm, my male doesn't get up until 9:30-10pm which is probably more normal. Even though Leela does her best to wake him up ( usually by relentlessly jumping on him and the pouch )

Both are usually back in the pouch by 6-7am with an occasional nap in between. Usually if I can't sleep n think well I'm up I'l go play with the cridders at 2am then their nappin or grooming in the pouch so I go back to bed lol

Question
Oct 10 2014
10:02:27 AM
mousemhl1993 Joey Visit mousemhl1993's Photo Album 24 Posts
Waw thanks so much!

You are wonderful!

I will definitely try all of these things.

I love watching her play in the bathroom... she loves to bounce crickets around and terrorize them ha ha ha
It's really cute to watch.

When can a safely bring her out of the cage with only my hands to bering her to the bathroom so that:
A - she doesn't bite me ha ha ha
B - she doesn't try to jump and hurt herself on the landing.

My Baby So Far

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My Baby So Far