Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Trio breeding
Trio breeding
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 19 2014
03:13:36 PM
Alright, so I'm hoping some of you can give me advice on trio breeding. I've read many threads on here and other sites and am well aware of the risks involved, especially when the females are not sisters. But I would like to hear y'all's opinions and experiences on the topic. So, I have a marble mosaic female(with lineage) who is 5 months OOP. She has 100% leu het and I am looking into getting a cremeino female with 100% leu het as well. I know my female and have a very close bond with her and with that being said I think a breeding trio would work. I would not even consider introducing a male until both females are a minimum of 10 months OOP and well bonded to one another. I am prepared to separate the trio if it goes down hill and I'm prepared to hand raise any rejected joeys. I will not be breeding anytime within the next year, so there's no rush on this. Their cage will be a custom PVC 6ft high 3ft wife and 2 ft deep. I would love to hear your experience wih trios. Also, do you think I should make the cage larger? I know they can go from 3 to 7 gliders real quick and I don't want any overcrowding which could lead to rejection or cannabilison. Thank you all!

Edited by - m_west on Oct 19 2014 03:24:39 PM
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 19 2014
08:10:37 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
quote:
I don't want any overcrowding which could lead to rejection or cannabilison.

The cage size sounds fine but overcrowding would probably not be the issue that causes rejection or cannibalism in a breeding trio situation.

Before you decide to breed - watch your two females very carefully before introducing a male glider. If there are dominance issues between the two females, then you might want to create two breeding PAIRS rather than a trio.

Trio breeding

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Trio breeding