Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Triplets??
Triplets??
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 23 2014
07:30:11 AM
The other day I was lucky enough to get some pictures of tails sticking out of my girl's pouch, at different times. I got a picture of a ring tail and a pink tail. The following day I could've sworn I saw an all dark tail sticking out, but I was unable to get photo evidence of it. I hope I'm not going crazy. This is her first litter and she's is a white face and dad is a mosaic with pie lines. Once I know the babies are going to survive I'm making the neuter appointment for my little guy ( he pees, and it's like I need to evacuate the house ).

(sorry for giant pictures)Edited for spelling, clarification and addition of photos

Edited by - FairyGirl on Oct 23 2014 07:37:52 AM
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 23 2014
07:57:08 AM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
keep a close eye out :D

Gliders can have up to 3-4 joeys (due to their bodies) but it is not seen that often.

Congrats on the joeys :D

Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 23 2014
09:10:44 AM
FairyGirl Glider Visit FairyGirl's Photo Album 95 Posts
I saw the dark tail again, I'm not crazy. However by the time I grabbed my phone to get a pic, and Lily held still again, it was gone..... No wonder she was acting like she's being starved any time I would give her food or treats.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 23 2014
09:21:59 AM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
if you do have 3 joeys IP make sure you are giving her enough nutrition! :D

Exciting! Hopefully you can get a photo with all three tails!

looks like a ringtail, a pink tail, and a dark tail huh?
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 23 2014
10:45:06 AM
I only have seen 1 tail at a time so I may not get a pic with 3 tails sticking out until there is more than just tails sticking out. Every day about mid day I've been taking her out a giving her her fill of chicken baby food to give her the extra protein. Then she still wants a couple yogurt drops. They also both love soybeans.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 26 2014
04:52:49 PM
I deleted one of my photos because I didn't pay attention to what I was doing, but I finally got a picture of the dark tail!!! TRIPLETS!!

Edited because I wasn't paying attention again

Edited by - FairyGirl on Oct 26 2014 04:58:52 PM
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 26 2014
09:06:39 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 27 2014
05:35:49 AM
Last night the all grey way was almost sticking all the way out and my girl is singing hard core all the time now. The wait is killing me AND I have a midterm on Thursday that I really have to study for. Gah! Too much stress and now I've got a cankersore.... But the babies will be worth and I set up my space heater in the 'glider room'.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 27 2014
06:50:01 AM
Also, cutest thing. A tail was hanging out of the pouch and Lily picked it up and started to groom it. I'm feeling more confident that she is going to be a good mommy.

Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 27 2014
10:27:23 AM
Do you have a FB? i have tons of IP pictures of my gliders on mine :D

So cute! I love when they sing at first... then i go crazy.... blehhh
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 27 2014
10:35:05 AM
Yeah, I'm on FB and I've been posting tons of pictures of her growing baby bump, the first little tiny bit of tail sticking out, and just posted a pic of most of a head, a hind leg and 2 tails. Most people get freaked out to see them and say they look like aliens.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 27 2014
01:25:32 PM
thats my fav is taking those types of pictures!!!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 30 2014
05:48:21 PM
Not Triplets afterall. BUT I didn't get GIRLS!!! I wanted girls and maybe 1 boy.

Sticking to flower names. Dark tail is Poppy and ring tail is Dahlia.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 30 2014
05:57:49 PM

Both were officially OOP today but somehow Lily has managed to tuck them both back in her pouch.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Nov 02 2014
02:27:29 AM
AschRose Joey 11 Posts
Oh my goodness! I will NEVER get over how they can have such large babies in their pouches like that. I understand when they are the size of a pea but holy hannah, I give the mama's props for having so much space for them, haha. Thank you for sharing the adorable pictures, I've never seen a picture of them with their tails sticking out like that. At first I thought it was an umbilical cord, lol. Congratulations, and sorry you didn't get the girls you wanted! lol
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Nov 02 2014
09:37:32 AM
Sorry, I'm an idiot. I DID get girls. Both of them. The Mosaic is Dahlia and the WF is Poppy.
Triplets??

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Triplets??