Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Anybody else...
Anybody else...
Behavior
Nov 05 2014
07:40:52 PM
Anybody else's gliders crazy talkative around a full moon!?

My male is SOO chatty. It is adorable! I have a female too and I don't think she is as entertained as I am with all his clicking and chirping and hissing. I imitate his noises and we have "conversations"! She just lets out a quick crab, I think she is telling him to shut up!! Haha

I only notice during full moons. So strange. Haha.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2014
08:15:20 PM
TigerLilly5555 Super Glider Visit TigerLilly5555's Photo Album KS, USA 299 Posts
Totally normal..!!!!
Several of my gang are very talkative... LOL
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 06 2014
12:05:26 PM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
Oh, yes. The full moon (or nearly full) is always an interesting time!
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 06 2014
04:26:02 PM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
I have never seen any correlation of activity to moonlight. I have seen the groups appear to react to changing in weather, pressure, temperature, distant thunder, rain and such like that. I would wonder that you noticing a reaction to a full moon might well be something else such as a drop in pressure or temp or maybe "THAT" time of the month.
Behavior
Nov 06 2014
04:40:44 PM
chips2013 Glider Visit chips2013's Photo Album NJ, USA 127 Posts
Hahah! Funny you mention that, kazko!! Because this morning, Trigger was all up in Annie's business and she just slaps him away. Either way, it is highly entertaining!!! So maybe it is just coincidental that it's the full moon too. Annie is a couple months younger than Trigger (Trigger is a year this month and Annie is about 8-9 months), but I have never noticed him so "into her" before! How old are females when they start their cycle??
Behavior
Nov 06 2014
10:56:09 PM
Pandepon Glider Visit Pandepon's Photo Album 112 Posts
That explains why they wouldn't shut up at 5am this morning
Three of my six gliders were barking in unison last night for a good 5 minutes!

Must have been some kind of ritual

Edited by - Pandepon on Nov 06 2014 10:58:34 PM
Anybody else...

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Anybody else...