Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Hpw Original?
Hpw Original?
Food, Diet
Nov 06 2014
07:48:22 PM
I'm new to owning sugar gliders and recently just found out they need an extensive diet, no thanks to the people i bought them from who told mw to feed them pellets, but I came across this HPW jarred food http://www.exoticnutrition.com/hpworfo.html that looks like it has everything They need besides fruits and veggies. Has anyone tried this and is it a good diet? also what are some fruits and veggies to give them? Thanks.
Food, Diet
Nov 06 2014
10:26:30 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
There is no history on this product to indicate if it is a good diet or not. It has only been on the market a few months.

In spite of the label - this product is NOT the original recipe for HPW.

The recipe for the Original HPW calls for Wombaroo High Protein Supplement which is a product made in Australia and imported to the US. The staple is prepared by blending the WHPS Powder with honey, eggs, bee pollen and water to make a nectar like staple that will provide the protein, vitamins and part of the calcium gliders need. Exotic Nutrition no longer sells this product and has come up with their own version called ZooPro High Protein Supplement in the last year or so.

If you would like to feed the Original HPW you can purchase the Wombaroo High Protein Supplement from the Pampered Glider

http://www.thepamperedglider.com/supplements.htm

The Recipe can be found here:

http://www.hpwdietcenter.com/original.html

Gliders can have a wide variety of fruits and vegetables - Do not feed Onions, Garlic, Leeks, Rhubarb or Chocolate.

Here is a list of fruits and vegetables that you can offer your gliders.

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com/FruitVegLIST2011.pdf

Food, Diet
Nov 06 2014
11:00:25 PM
pebblesandsmokey Joey 20 Posts
Thanks for all the info. I already ordered the jar, not knowing that it didn't have the wombaroo protein in it. Do you think it should be good until I can order some of the actual HPW?
Food, Diet
Nov 06 2014
11:55:16 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
It should be OK but I would not use it long term. Be sure to keep it refrigerated after you open the jar - and you might want to freeze it in ice cube trays if you will not be able to use it all in a few days. Most glider staples including HPW will only keep for a few days in the refrigerator because they contain eggs.

Read the label and see how long it can be refrigerated and used safely.
Food, Diet
Nov 07 2014
07:03:19 PM
astockd1 Face Hugger Visit astockd1's Photo Album 478 Posts
You should order the actual Original HPW ingredients ASAP. It only takes a week max for it to arrive. You can find a sample pack for only $6.45 including shipping at the link Candy provided www.thepamperedglider.com/supplements.htm
It will come with the wombaroo powder and bee pollen needed for one batch. You will just need to prepare eggs and add honey, water, and said eggs to the wombaroo powder and bee pollen.

Glad you're making an effort to keep your babies healthy. Who told you pellets are okay? I can't believe people still spread that! Gliders literally die from pellet diets...
Food, Diet
Nov 07 2014
08:37:27 PM
The girl I bought the babies from was in high school and got pregnant so she couldn't take care of them. She told me she fed them French fries, cool whip, bird feet with pellets, and Lord knows what else. I'm glad my nd and I adopted them from her cause they were not taken care of.
Food, Diet
Nov 07 2014
09:14:40 PM
astockd1 Face Hugger Visit astockd1's Photo Album 478 Posts
Holy uirehjgkwerugjfd..... What the actual fdsfedsfckckckckc?????? How old are they / how long did she have them for? They may have permanent organ damage unfortunately. Hopefully you can reverse it as much as possible with good diet and exercise.

Have you gotten a good glider safe wheel yet?
Food, Diet
Nov 08 2014
12:49:15 PM
I meant bird feed, lol I'm sorry, just caught that!! Yes, they have a safe wheel, and they both love it! My poor babies are slowly starting to eat the fruit and veggies (they didn't like them at first). Just waiting on the food to come in now.
Hpw Original?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Hpw Original?