Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sudden mood change
Sudden mood change
Health related
Nov 10 2014
08:11:43 PM
Hi, this is my first posting so I'm sorry if this isn't in the correct place.
Anyways, I got a healthy female sugar glider from a trusted group of people near me ( www.glidercommunityofedmonton.org/ ) on October 1st. The initial bonding was tough because she's a jumper and was quite the biter and crabber heh. But we were doing really good until today and possibly yesterday. Today when I went to remove her from her cage and put her in her bonding pouch to have her with me (which is completely normal for me as I'm home all the time so why not have her with me) and she was not happy. I am used to some crabbing but this time she bit me. That's the first time she's bitten in ages. I thought it was odd and reconsidered how I take her out and was more careful. I got her in her pouch but she really didn't want to be in there, kept nudging at the top to come out. So I thought maybe she had to pee or poop, I let her out and she peed but proceeded to try and go elsewhere. I put her back in her cage and waited awhile and tried again. Same deal except no bite. So, is she being moody, maybe puberty? Any suggestions on what I should be doing? I get really worried about her. Also, I am indeed planning on a second glider, another female. I'm just waiting for my dad to be home to do so.
Health related
Nov 10 2014
08:44:47 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
She may be in heat - causing her to be moody.

Another consideration is how well she sleeps when you are carrying her most of the day.
If she is not sleeping soundly while you are carrying her she may be grouchy due to lack of sleep. Think about how you would feel if your bed were picked up and tossed around all night while you were trying to sleep.

Be sure to allow your glider at least 5 or 6 hours of undisturbed sleep during the daytime. If you have her in a bonding pouch, try to sit quietly so she is not constantly awakened.
Health related
Nov 11 2014
01:22:18 PM
Alorace Starting Member 2 Posts
She's probably moody, I'm usually quite sedentary as I'm just doing schoolwork but I'll try leaving her in her cage longer and seeing if it makes a difference. We did have a nice play time last night though, she was quite interested in playing with a feather teaser and such with me so that made me feel better. Thank you c:
Sudden mood change

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sudden mood change