Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Help in diet! (Philippine owner)
Food, Diet
Nov 12 2014
11:31:39 PM
Hi everyone! I recently purchased a 2 month oop female, I'm currently feeding her Cerelac (baby cereal yogurt fruit flavor)and some apples. Is it sufficient for her? Any suggestions in improving her meal? And do i need to add vitamins and calcium powder in her daily meal?
Food, Diet
Nov 13 2014
01:53:50 AM
astockd1 Face Hugger Visit astockd1's Photo Album 478 Posts
Hello! No, that is not sufficient; gliders require a diet of staple, fruits, and veggies. Every night they get 1 TBSP fruit, 1 TBSP veggies, and 1 TBSP staple. Examples of staple are Original HPW and BML, which you can look up online. I use Original HPW, which is the easiest in my experience. You can order it online here www.thepamperedglider.com/supplements.htm for $6.45. "HPW Sample Pack" then you mix these ingredients with honey, eggs, and water according to the recipe.
This is VERY IMPORTANT because gliders can become very sick, especially at a young age, due to poor diet. Order something ASAP to get your glider on a healthy diet. Good luck!
Food, Diet
Nov 13 2014
09:26:00 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Your best bet is probably Bugsy's HPW which should be available in your area. It is the same product as HPW Complete or HPW Plus (read the label - Plus requires you to add honey eggs and bee pollen. Complete is an add water only product)

These are designed specifically for sugar gliders and are fed with fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables daily.

The baby cereal probably contains too much Iron for your glider's needs and should not be fed long term.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders