Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
question about hpw
question about hpw
Question
Nov 13 2014
10:03:14 PM
Does anyone here use the hpw complete from critter love? What is the difference in it and other places that sell hpw like exotic nutrition. Just trying to figure out the difference. Hope to hear from someone thank you very much.
Question
Nov 14 2014
08:19:59 AM
rustypossumfart Face Hugger Visit rustypossumfart's Photo Album USA 459 Posts
The HPW from Critter Love is manufactured here in the states, therefor it uses ingredients approved in the States. You can find the ingredients and nutritional information on her website.

I have little information on the one from exotic nutrition, besides they have a good variety of them, so without you being specific as to which exotic nutrition you're referencing, there's even less I an tell you.

The there is the one from the pampered glider the imports the HPW from Australia found here:

www.thepamperedglider.com/supplements.htm

Which is different from the ones above.

Candy is a member here, and she knows more about the specifics if you wish to contact her directly and ask her.

Critter's Love HPW and the OHPW use similar ingredients, except for the vitamins and minerals supplements, because Critter Love have to used what is allowed in the states. I am not sure about the difference in quantity, but you can find nutritional tables for both.

Paswell's OHPW:
www.sugarglider.com/glidergossip/photo_album_view.asp?mid=3262&cid=358&page=5
(just click on "Data Sheet for HPW Powder from Passwell/Womberoo Company")

Critter Love:
www.critterlove.com/diet-info.html

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, truth is I am very confused by them all as well.

Edited by - rustypossumfart on Nov 14 2014 08:20:53 AM
Information
Nov 14 2014
09:08:48 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Exotic Nutrition's Instant HPW and Peggy Brewer's HPW Complete are indeed DIFFERENT PRODUCTS.

Both are powders are prepared by adding water only to make a nectar-like staple.

Both powders contain dried honey (which contains anti-caking agents gliders do not need) and powdered pasteurized raw eggs.

Personally I am not a big fan of either the dried honey or powdered eggs.

As for a comparison of the nutrients provided by these two products - it is not possible to do a direct comparison because NEITHER has published an full breakdown of the nutritional content of the diets. They could be very much alike - or could have wide differences in the amounts of specific vitamins and minerals they contain.

Exotic Nutrition has come out with their own versions of HPW in several different forms within the last year. Since none of these have been available for an extended period of time there is NO LONG TERM OBSERVATIONS of gliders that have been fed these products long term. New products do not always mean better than or even equal to the original recipe.

I still put my trust in the original Wombaroo High Protein Supplement that has been used for glider staple recipes for many years. Neither Exotic Nutrition or Peggy Brewer's products contain Wombaroo High Protein Supplement.

Edited by - Candy on Nov 14 2014 09:09:25 AM
question about hpw

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
question about hpw