Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Where do people usually sell their baby sugar gliders?
Question
Dec 07 2014
09:36:30 PM
I am looking to sell my baby sugar gliders soon and I was wondering where should I post the ads so that I can find them a new home.

When I bought my original 2 gliders I did not have the money to neuter the male and so they undoubtedly mated and had to babies. 1 male and 1 female. They are soon to reach 3 months old and I will have to separate them to prevent any inbreeding.

I am looking to sell these babies ( as hard as it is now, since i got so attached to them) so that I can get enough money to finally neuter the male so I get no more babies.

I've posted in Hoobly and a facebook site. I am fully aware of what to look for, and I will make sure that the person that im selling them to is fully aware of what they need to know. (especially that they have to neuter the male, since they are related).

Other than that, I just need maybe a few places where I can post them.. Any ideas?
Question
Dec 07 2014
09:41:23 PM
astockd1 Face Hugger Visit astockd1's Photo Album 478 Posts
I would say Craigslist is the most common, but be suuuuper careful. ESPECIALLY with diet (provide them with starter staple and direct fruits and veg), cage size, and wheel safety (no wodent, they need raptor or stealth or something similar). It sucks to have to separate them, but it's complicated; you could technically have a cage with the two males and one with the two females. I feel bad every time a mom has to have her joeys taken away, but I get not being about to afford neuters =( Good luck. Don't settle on their home no matter what!!
Question
Dec 07 2014
09:45:04 PM
elweshomayor Glider Visit elweshomayor's Photo Album 70 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by astockd1

I would say Craigslist is the most common, but be suuuuper careful. ESPECIALLY with diet (provide them with starter staple and direct fruits and veg), cage size, and wheel safety (no wodent, they need raptor or stealth or something similar). It sucks to have to separate them, but it's complicated; you could technically have a cage with the two males and one with the two females. I feel bad every time a mom has to have her joeys taken away, but I get not being about to afford neuters =( Good luck. Don't settle on their home no matter what!!

Most certainly will not. I do have an extra cage if need be. However, Craigslist does not allow for sale of pets. Only rehoming and adoptions.
I would not mind if i didn't need the money to neuter my current male.
My vet charges nearly 400 to neuter. :/
Question
Dec 07 2014
10:04:55 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
technically you ARE Rehoming them and can charge a 400 rehoming fee on Craigslist. But I think that price is a little outrageous for a neuter! I think the vet in fort myers only charged like 50. You may want to look around for a different glider experienced vet with better prices.

I'm surprised your mamma female isn't already pregnant again. Pleaseeee make sure the new owners know to have some glider safe toys in their cage and pouches and all the things they need and deserve to have!!

Question
Dec 07 2014
10:14:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Leela

technically you ARE Rehoming them and can charge a 400 rehoming fee on Craigslist. But I think that price is a little outrageous for a neuter! I think the vet in fort myers only charged like 50. You may want to look around for a different glider experienced vet with better prices.

I'm surprised your mamma female isn't already pregnant again. Pleaseeee make sure the new owners know to have some glider safe toys in their cage and pouches and all the things they need and deserve to have!!

He is actually the cheapest i could find.. it seems Atlanta Georgia has some very expensive exotic vets available.
Even a regular vet visit costs like 150...
Question
Dec 07 2014
10:28:34 PM
astockd1 Face Hugger Visit astockd1's Photo Album 478 Posts
That is very expensive - it's likely in your interest to travel an hour or two for a cheaper neuter, if you can find one that one, which I bet you can. The gas cost for an hour or two wouldn't hurt the wallet much.

On CL, animals are sold every day by the thousands, and it is called rehoming. So... you kinda can. It's stupid, but anyways. Many people get gliders there.

The most expensive neuters I've found are 250. We got two of ours done for 70 and two done for 90.
Question
Dec 07 2014
10:31:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by astockd1

That is very expensive - it's likely in your interest to travel an hour or two for a cheaper neuter, if you can find one that one, which I bet you can. The gas cost for an hour or two wouldn't hurt the wallet much.

On CL, animals are sold every day by the thousands, and it is called rehoming. So... you kinda can. It's stupid, but anyways. Many people get gliders there.

The most expensive neuters I've found are 250. We got two of ours done for 70 and two done for 90.

Wow, if i could get them for 90, I wouldnt even want to sell my babies.... I am already so attached to them. It really almost brought me to tears having to post the ads. I just can't afford them to inbreed if i cant neuter.

This is basically a race against time because the female can get pregnant again any time now. Which I knew could happen and i am prepared for it. However I was *hoping it wouldnt come to it.
Question
Dec 08 2014
08:57:58 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
If you are located in Georgia it is illegal for anyone in the state to BUY the gliders from you because you are not a USDA Licensed Breeder. You will need to sell them to someone located out side Georgia.

The Georgia law requires all gliders to be purchased from USDA Breeders - who can provide the appropriate paper work. (not a well thought out law since USDA requires a minimum of 4 breeding females before they will license a breeder)

Gliders often do breed again as soon as joeys come OOP so it is very possible that you already have more joeys on the way.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders