GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Help Switching From Glide-R-Chow
Food, Diet
Dec 08 2014
11:09:06 PM
Hey Guys!

We recently adopted two, 2.5 year old Sugar Gliders (Our first time!) We named them Garfunkel & Lucille The gentleman we bought them from was very caring about them and knowledgeable. However, he had them on EVERYTHING from "Sugar Bears", Glider-R-Chow, Glide-R-Gravy, Glide-R-Mins, the whole works. They are very happy, healthy gliders though. However, we have noticed many negative posts on these products on this website. We really want them on a healthy diet, does anyone have suggestions as to where to start? What's the best way to get them gradually off Glide-R-Chow etc? I'm a little hesitant on this situation just because they do seem to be healthy, but we definitely want to insure they have the best diet, any suggestions?
Food, Diet
Dec 09 2014
01:02:31 AM
courtneyparke Glider Visit courtneyparke's Photo Album 53 Posts
If you go to the gliderpedia on the top bar, there's a list of pre-approved diets that have been tested and are good for a glider longterm. Just be careful to choose one and not mix match, some of them have supplements or lists of fruits/veggies that you have to use specific to that diet.

I'm getting the HPW original with fruits and veggies, it's easiest for me in my lifestyle.
Food, Diet
Dec 09 2014
09:02:31 AM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
After 3 years on Glider Chow, I discovered this site. I switched to HPW but still leave some pellets in the cage also. I feel that they will eat most anything, so it is up to us to give them healthy choices.
Food, Diet
Dec 09 2014
10:22:50 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
If you have the Glider Gravy - you can prepare that as shown on the package and serve it as the Staple portion of the diet. Feed a wide variety of fruits and vegetables with it.

Glider Gravy is actually HPW Complete - just repackaged with Peggy Brewer's permission and sold by Pocket Pets.

You can probably buh HPW Complete for less right from Peggy's site. Here is her information on this diet

http://www.critterlove.com/food--sides.html

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders