Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Does my female have a Joey in her pouch?
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Dec 21 2014
02:09:33 PM
I got my female almost 2 weeks ago and I'm pretty sure she has a Joey in her pouch. I took a photo but it's kinda hard to tell. I never wanted to breed her but she was with unaltered males when I got her so there is a possibility of babies. I was told she was oop in May 2015 so she would be about 7-8 months old. I don't really know a lot about breeding or any of that stuff, but she is licking her pouch a lot and being a little protective. Does she look like there's a baby in there? I've been giving her extra protein just on case, but I know only time will tell.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Dec 21 2014
02:11:00 PM
LoveMySugarBabies Joey Visit LoveMySugarBabies's Photo Album 13 Posts

Here is a pic of her tummy
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Dec 21 2014
02:39:54 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
I cannot tell from the photo but if she was with intact male gliders there is a good chance that she is carrying a joey or two.

Offer a little extra of her staple and the fruits and vegetables with it each night rather than just extra protein. That will keep her diet balanced and she will eat as much as she needs.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Dec 21 2014
02:47:07 PM
Okay thank you!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Dec 22 2014
07:09:45 PM
astockd1 Face Hugger Visit astockd1's Photo Album 478 Posts
Yeah, can't tell from the photo. It usually looks like 2 symmetrical lumps, one on each side. Usually there are 2 joeys, sometimes 1 or rarely 3-4. Watch and see if they get bigger. Pregnant/nursing moms should be offered extra food, especially the protein source. It is possible, but I hope not as she is younger than anyone would recommend allowing a female to breed, and there is no male in the picture. If you determine that she is pregnant, you may want to quickly acquire a NEUTERED male and pair them up; he may help her raise the joeys. What diet are you feeding? It's very important, and even more so when joeys are involved. Good luck!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Dec 22 2014
07:11:28 PM
I have a fixed male with her, and they eat the modified leadbeaters diet with fresh fruits and veggies. Along with their treats
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Dec 22 2014
08:18:56 PM
astockd1 Face Hugger Visit astockd1's Photo Album 478 Posts
That's perfect. I hope everything goes well!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders