Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
hpw or instant hpw
hpw or instant hpw
Food, Diet
Jan 17 2015
10:47:47 PM
I was just wondering which do you guys prefer the hpw or the instant hpw. And where do you guys purchase yours.hope to hear back thank you
Food, Diet
Jan 18 2015
09:35:29 AM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I've used pretty much all the HPW type products starting with the EN kit, which was ok, my gliders did fine with it. Then I had to travel so I purchased the Critter Complete (then HPW Complete name), due to living arrangements, it was the best, easiest to used and my gliders did well with it also. I did end up getting Critter Plus (then HPW Plus name), that is the same mix and storage as the Original HPW which was the diet originally created by Peggy Brewer the same who manufactures/sells the Critter Love Complete and Plus.

After I was ready to move back across country again, I figured to save some money I would try the EN Instant HPW. This has been okay, it was thicker than any of the other HPW type nectar, so I emailed them about diluting it using less powder (and the amount I wanted to use) and they said it was okay to do so.
My gliders did okay with that too, but I'm not entirely comfortable considering I was wanting to dilute it and the company said it's okay, because then it makes me wonder if they suggest using more powder than actually needed to use up the product faster. I'm not saying this is the case, just my type of logic tends to wonder about things.

I ended up ordering the Critter Plus, I will use that and when I can I may switch back to the Critter Complete, because it was so nice being able to make it up either in a batch or single serving nights. Also, I found since using the EN Instant, I could just use my little Cooks mixer (same as Bullet), and I know that the Complete I should be able to as well. This is much more convenient as well for me than getting the blender out, lol. Not that I'm lazy, but I do prefer to spend less time in the kitchen.

I'm choosing the Critter Love Brand over the EN brand because I feel it is better quality and I trust the maker of that brand more than I trust EN. I'm not saying EN is bad, I just know that Peggy has developed these diets after extensive research and consultations with veterinarians as well as other experts, I'm not sure of how EN products came to being, I'm sure through research, but Peggy created the OHPW diet formula.

Edited by - TJones09 on Jan 18 2015 09:42:56 AM
Food, Diet
Jan 18 2015
10:27:13 AM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I have been using the instant HPW (Exotic Nutrition)for a few months now, after switching from Glider Goodies (pellets). One pair likes it a bit more than the other pair.
Food, Diet
Jan 18 2015
11:48:33 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
I am not a big fan of ANY of the add water only products.

I have never been a fan of the dried powdered egg products - even when mixed and cooked as directed they always have a funny taste to me compared to fresh scrambled eggs. As it is use in the various add water HPW products it is actually RAW powdered eggs, since the mixture is not cooked.

Powdered honey is used in these products and contains chemical additives to prevent caking during storage. I am just not sure the additives are something that should be fed to glider's long term.

I prefer the original Wombaroo High Protein Supplement which is made in Australia specifically for sugar gliders and other similar marsupials. It is the only product I will use in my GliderKids Staple recipes because the full nutritional information on CritterLove's powders has not been made available - I have that information from the company that makes Wombaroo High Protein Supplement.

If you want to make Original HPW using Wombaroo High Protein supplement you can purchase it here:

http://www.thepamperedglider.com/supplements.htm

If you want to use Peggy's Critter Love Plus (made using the same recipe as original)
you can order it here:

http://www.critterlovedietcenter.com/plus.html

Food, Diet
Jan 18 2015
12:07:49 PM
littlez4k Glider Visit littlez4k's Photo Album 57 Posts
So you would prefer the wombaroo powder over the other? We have been using the exotic nutrition wombaroo high protein supplement but I think they quit making it. But I was just wondering what every one else preferred.

Edited by - littlez4k on Jan 18 2015 12:12:39 PM
Food, Diet
Jan 18 2015
12:40:17 PM
quote:
exotic nutrition wombaroo high protein supplement

Exotic Nutrition stopped sell in the actual Wombaroo High Protein Supplement about a year or so ago. They now sell a product called Zoopro High Protein Supplement which like Peggy's Critter Love Plus is use very much like the Wombaroo HPS - but nutritionally is not exactly the same.

The biggest difference is that Wombaroo High Protein Supplement does not contain the synthetic Vitamin K (mentadione) which has been banned for human consumption in the USA but is the ONLY vitamin K supplement approved for use in Pet Foods manufactured in the USA. Critter Love Plus and Complete both contain this form of vitamin K. If the ZooPro products sold by Exotic Nutrition are made in the USA - they will contain this also.

Mentadione has been banned for both humans and pets in Australia so the Wombaroo products do not contain it.
Food, Diet
Jan 18 2015
01:28:39 PM
I think I'm gonna go with the wombaroo candy
. the reason I'm asking I'm about put of the wombaroo so I'm gonna go with what you suggested and what is best for them. Thank you so much candy. And btw what is your website.and can you send me a link of what I need to buy from the wombaroo site.

Edited by - littlez4k on Jan 18 2015 01:30:12 PM
Food, Diet
Jan 18 2015
04:12:21 PM
Here is my web site: {url]www.gliderkids-diet.com/[/url]

You can order Wombaroo High Protein Supplement from the Pampered Glider:

http://www.thepamperedglider.com/supplements.htm
Food, Diet
Jan 18 2015
08:04:14 PM
OOPS - I messed up the link to my web page

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com/

Edited by - Candy on Jan 18 2015 08:04:51 PM
Food, Diet
Jan 18 2015
08:21:58 PM
But which wombaroo do I need too order like which specific one
Food, Diet
Jan 18 2015
08:30:16 PM
You need to order Wombaroo High Protein Supplement

If you have only 2 gliders the 250 gm box will last you quite a while - it will make 9 batches of original HPW (1/4 cup per batch) Each batch will last you about a month.

Food, Diet
Jan 18 2015
09:31:17 PM
Yea I only have two babies. One male and one female.
hpw or instant hpw

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
hpw or instant hpw