Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Please Help!
Please Help!
Health related
Feb 16 2015
09:02:09 PM
Hi all. My poor Minnie might be sick. She is about 5 months old. I took her out to give her some mealworms and she took one and ate the it like always. I thought she was done so I gave her a second. She put it in her mouth and then I saw the first worm hanging from the side of her mouth. She opened her mouth and spit them out. The one worm had some spit on it. Then she acted unusually scared and went back in her pouch. I gave her a really tiny work and she ate it fine. What's wrong with her? Is she just having an off night?
Health related
Feb 17 2015
05:50:53 AM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
Hello! I hope Minnie is better since you wrote this. I generally don't even read posts like this because I always feel so bad. Anyway, I suggest just keeping an eye on her. If she pees and poos normally, and everything else seems fine maybe that one worm tasted bad or something. If her behavior seriously changes then call your vet and see if they can advise you. Gliders can act in ways we don't understand for reasons we don't understand. They see, hear, and smell things we may not notice. It could've been anything! As long as she is good now, it was probably nothing. I hope she's back to normal!
Health related
Feb 17 2015
05:45:13 PM
PurpleMinnie Joey Visit PurpleMinnie's Photo Album AB, CA 16 Posts
Thanks for answering! Minnie is much better now, she was still pretty weird for the rest of the evening but around 11:00 she was back to normal. Guess it was just a bad worm but I will still monitor her anyways.
Health related
Feb 17 2015
05:48:01 PM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
I'm glad to hear she's fine! Thanks for letting me know :)
Please Help!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Please Help!