Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Playtime
Playtime
Question
Feb 17 2015
09:02:07 AM
During playtime, Charger likes to stay on me snuggled up or he will continue to try to get back in his bonding pouch to snuggle. Seems like he doesn't want to go play, but if I put him in his cage, he sure does fly and play around! Our playtime is in my bathroom and always has been. How can I get him to explore? Should I put him on things then sit down? Why does he just want to go back in pouch and sleep? Playtime is around 8pm, maybe too early for him but this is the only time I have so I'm trying to get him use to this time. Will he get use to this time or will playtime have to be on his time?
Question
Feb 17 2015
10:06:27 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
They can adjust to your schedule for play time after working with them. As long as it is at night, that is.

You'll have to remember that you've got an 8 week old baby there. Lots of snuggles and sleep. Also, it wasn't clear as to if you acquired him from a breeder or if he came from a pair of your own. If you are new to him, it will take him some time to settle in.
Question
Feb 17 2015
10:15:56 AM
audrey0624 Glider Visit audrey0624's Photo Album IN, USA 75 Posts
I did get him from a breeder, so everything is new to him. He is coming along great & bonding well with me. I just want to make sure he is getting enough out of cage time. Thank you
Question
Feb 17 2015
06:03:55 PM
mallory_em4 Glider Visit mallory_em4's Photo Album 88 Posts
8pm is the same time that I play with my babies. We realized very quickly that in order for them to play and not sleep we HAVE to turn the lights off. We usually watch tv during playtime, it gives us enough light to be able to watch them and it doesn't bother them at all.
Question
Feb 17 2015
07:41:01 PM
meganp1130 Joey Visit meganp1130's Photo Album 31 Posts
I agree with Mallory! My babies only play if I turn off the lights. I bought a nightlight that really helps, if I do t want to have the TV off. It also helps keep them from barking in the middle if the night.
Question
Feb 17 2015
09:19:47 PM
BandP Super Glider Visit BandP's Photo Album 389 Posts
Our girls used to do that all the time. We also use the bathroom for playtime, and they used to spend most if not all of the time inside one of our pockets or sleeves. We were using a small light with a 15 watt bulb that didn't seem to bother them. One time we used my cell phone instead, and it actually made quite a difference.
They started spending most of their time running and jumping around and not inside something. So I guess the light did bother them a bit.
Question
Feb 18 2015
07:10:57 AM
audrey0624 Glider Visit audrey0624's Photo Album IN, USA 75 Posts
That sounds about right....he does go behind the towel that is hanging on wall; it's little darker behind there. Thank you! I will try turning off lights and get a little night light!!
Playtime

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Playtime