Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
need help plz
need help plz
Question
Feb 19 2015
03:32:14 PM
giving short version can provide further details if needed. Im new to gliders, & the pair i purchased that was "fixed" turned out wasnt. Joeys are roughly 6-8 weeks opp there are 2 joeys. Now for the real tradgedy, their seemingly healthy mom my Sassy died. What do i do for the joeys & what about dad? Scratchy the dad bonded with me well and quick loves to play & takes treats from my hand will usually jump right out to me as soon i open the cage door. hes nothimself at all not agressive but by far not my scratchy. & to add to the madness one of my joeys is being bullied by dad & sibling... please help me help them
Question
Feb 19 2015
04:08:08 PM
mechnut450 Glider Visit mechnut450's Photo Album 121 Posts
Post were you are located will help the more exp owners figure out who close if need help in person.

I say your main deal is to get a joey rejection kit together asap and start researching that info and prep for a vet visit for all 3 gliders . ( with dad getting neutered sounds like. ) I also increase the amount of food your giving based on the diet mom might of pull what she need to feed the joeys from her own body. ( in the end was too much on her)

If it was me I take te poor bullied Joey and start with the Joey rejection support now and keep everyone informed as you go. I wish you the best of luck!!!!
Question
Feb 19 2015
05:13:06 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
At 6-8 weeks OOP the joeys should be eating food on their own and probably do not need to be supplemented if you are feeding a nectar like staple along with fruits and vegetables each night.

Watch to see if the joeys are eating the staple in the evenings. They may not yet be eating much of the fruits and vegetables. If you are not sure they are eating the staple from a dish, you can offer it to them by a syringe or medicine dropper several times each night.

A vet check for all of them would be a good idea. You need to make sure dad is healthy and not suffering from what ever caused his mate's death. If you did not previously have them checked for parasites it is important to do that now.

If he is being aggressive with the joeys - you may need to separate them from dad but keep the joeys together to help keep each other warm.
need help plz

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
need help plz