GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Does anyone have this or seen it?
Question
Mar 16 2015
06:35:20 PM
www.sugar-glider-store.com/socashla.html

There are no reviews on it, but it looks and sounds like a good sturdy platform. I'm just concerned about the ladder, I'm not wanting to use it and it looks like it's attached, I haven't been able to tell if it's removable or not.
Question
Mar 16 2015
11:31:39 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
The shelf should be fine but I would not use the ladder.

Question
Mar 17 2015
08:22:06 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I agree, don't like the looks of that ladder. I use fleece corner shelf's and made a mesh Platform shelf that hangs but doesn't swing much.

It's Simon's observation platform It's up high and above their wheel so he has a good view of most of the cage. I made it so I could get their food off the floor of the cage but they didn't eat as well up there so now it's just a little hang out for Simon.
Question
Mar 17 2015
11:55:42 AM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Thanks,

Candy, I did mention I wasn't wanting to use the ladder. I was basically wondering if anyone knew if the ladder was removable.

Leela, I have a corner shelf, but I removed it because I wanted a change in layout, now I'm wanted a different shelf and ordered the kind with bars but saw this one.

I'm not going to oder it not knowing if shelf can be removed
Question
Mar 18 2015
02:35:08 PM
The shelf with bars came today, it seems to be working out okay. I'm considering ordering another one of those instead of the solid shelf if I can't find out if the ladder is removable.
Question
Mar 20 2015
07:33:19 PM
I ended up emailing the company that sells this item and asked if the ladder was removable. I got a reply today stating that yes it is removable, it is "clipped onto the shelf". So to me that explains the weird look of it. I'm still trying to decide to order one or another of the wired shelves.

Sometimes I like using fleece cage items and other times I prefer a hard surface furnishings or even a nice mix of both to provide landing/hanging out levels through out the cage. My gliders like to jump and climb, but also enjoy just sitting and hanging out eating their food, checking out toys/activities or just chill'n. They do like to hang out on the floor of the cage, so adding interest higher up is my goal. I like to have these areas spread throughout the cage.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders