Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Abnormal Fighting!
Abnormal Fighting!
Question
Apr 05 2015
01:21:15 AM
So my two female gliders have gotten along well, no problems and they sleep in the same pouch togther. However 2 nights ago while I was sleeping (their cage is in my bedroom) they began to fight and crab at one another and tussle around the cage. I have a smaller cage and I have speperated them during the night when they are active. I reintroduced them into the same pouch to sleep and they were okay, but again like clockwork at night they began to fight. What do I do? I am at a loss!!
Question
Apr 05 2015
10:34:22 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
what is starting the fight? are they fighting for food? are they balling up when fighting? or just grouching at each other? If they are just grouching at each other they are probably just establishing dominance, and which one is gonna rule the roost.
Question
Apr 05 2015
11:44:51 AM
fisherman1133 Starting Member 4 Posts
I will observe tonight but I hear them grouch and crab then roll and tussle around the cage, this keeps repeating, only started yesterday as they have been good friends.
Question
Apr 08 2015
12:39:16 AM
fisherman1133 Starting Member 4 Posts
Still crabbing at one another and lunging across the cage, no balling up and or prolonged fights.
Question
Apr 08 2015
07:48:58 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
How long have they been together?

It seems to be going on longer than a usual heat cycle. My girls will occasionally tussle a bit if they are in heat, but it only lasts a night or two.

Other thoughts, too small of a cage environment with too little stimulation (toys), food issues, out of cage time?
Abnormal Fighting!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Abnormal Fighting!