Sugar Gliders
Help!
Previous |
Page: of 3
Help!
Health related
Apr 06 2015
09:54:40 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
awe! That is awesome Yayyy you!! Not a bad idea, when you get the new one after the quarantine and introduction, when you put them together in the same cage you will want to clean the entire cage, fleece, and any toys so the cage is neutral to both of them until they get adjusted to each others presence.

In the meantime mesh and plastic toys are easy to clean, straws can be replaced, etc... when the time comes it should be relatively easy
Health related
Apr 06 2015
10:02:36 PM
laraashton Joey Visit laraashton's Photo Album laraashton's Journal 43 Posts
I should have though about this prior to making it but how do I clean the mesh and fleece combo? Do I wash it with the plastic toys? Would that mess up the fleece?

Another side note: I have been back of forth with a woman in Georgia that is trying to sell her female glider and I think we're coming to the conclusion that I'm going to get her. I'm unsure how he will react with a girl. :X Should I be concerned about anything? Or is it just as well off with a female as he is with a male?

Edited by - laraashton on Apr 06 2015 10:04:29 PM
Health related
Apr 07 2015
07:52:55 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I would just let it soak in the sink, and make sure it's thoroughly dry so it doesn't get mold in the tight spots. Or if you can take the strips of fleece out to wash and let dry. I think Tjones has toys like that she may be able to tell you the easiest way to clean them easier.

Personally I think male/female get a long great, I see very little spats between my pair and Simon was alone for 4 years before we introduced him to Leela.

He sort of took on the role of her long lost patient Uncle every now and then she still wants to ride on his back and be the baby and he lets her lol. I really thought Leela would be the more dominant of the two, but once Simon settled in he took the dominant spot and she fell into her brat spot lol.

I was surprised but it was interesting to watch. Simon is the shyer of the two and didn't have a lot of confidence, over time it has been building up though.

Health related
Apr 07 2015
09:52:13 AM
laraashton Joey Visit laraashton's Photo Album laraashton's Journal 43 Posts
Wow, that's cute. Haha!

By the way, the woman in Georgia may just be a false alarm. I feel like it was a little sketchy. She waited until the last minute when I asked where we could meet or when. She said she was available at any time but she didn't have a way of transportation because her car is in the shop and she doesn't know when she's getting it back. It may be honest, but I don't want to go to a stranger's house. I'd rather it be in public. So, I asked her about maybe having someone help her out so we could do that, go somewhere public. I haven't heard back since yesterday. So, granted, it's still morning.

On the bright side, I'm talking to about three other people that have sugar gliders. All of which are female, so hearing about your babies is really reassuring! I'm so excited.
Help!
Previous |
Page: of 3

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Help!