Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Anyone have experience with Eucalyptus?
Food, Diet
Apr 08 2015
04:56:20 PM
I thought about buying a Eucalyptus Starter Pack from these people. eucproducts.com/gifts/

Does anyone have any experience with them, or Eucalyptus for their Gliders in general? Tips & Tricks? Thanks so much!
Food, Diet
Apr 08 2015
06:19:52 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
That is a well respected source for Eucalyptus. I've read where many gliders enjoy and I think it's worth trying it out. My girls didn't seem to pay much mind to it, so I haven't purchased any myself. I have considered maybe trying one of the larger branches one day, and perhaps will.
Food, Diet
Apr 09 2015
10:45:50 AM
Onelove420 Glider Visit Onelove420's Photo Album USA 89 Posts
My gliders absolutely love their eucalyptus! The eat the leaves and chew on the sticks:) one of mine even drags little sticks around with him everywhere he goes, and brings them into his pouch to sleep with! Just make sure the source of the eucalyptus is safe for sugar glider consumption. I think I got mine from a guy named Matt from California. His plants are known to be safe! (It also makes your cage smell good if you crumple up some of the dry leaves.):)
Food, Diet
Apr 09 2015
12:19:27 PM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
That company is VERY good. Family run and yes, they're products are safe. I know people who's gliders go NUTS for Euc...and others, like mine, who could care less. But, even if you use them to make the cage smell nice and just to have something in the mix of toys, etc. It's still worth it.
Food, Diet
Apr 09 2015
03:36:12 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I recently purchased some short branches from them. The branches and leaves in one cage were ignored , but in the other cage they are shredded. I would say it is worth a try. They can be put in water or in the freezer if you get more than you need.
Food, Diet
Apr 09 2015
07:50:37 PM
BandP Super Glider Visit BandP's Photo Album 389 Posts
Our gliders absolutely love them also. I put some leaves down at the bottom of the cage, and they play around in them. I have tried putting a small branch with leaves up on the side of the cage, but they didn't seem interested. But they love to have a leaf or two in their pouch with them. In the middle of the day I can sometimes here them chewing on it and start smelling eucalyptus.

They also love to have the sticks in their cage; sometimes in the pouch to chew or just out of the pouch to shred the bark off.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders