Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Bald spots over eyes
Bald spots over eyes
Health related
Apr 08 2015
09:00:59 PM
My glider had a swollen eye last month, just an infection, that's when the bald spots first appeared. The eye is all better and completely healed. The bald spots how ever are still there. I'm just wandering how long it takes for the fur to grow back in and if anything else can cause her to over groom those areas, besides stress. I am getting two more gliders next week. Right now I have her in a small cage to get her sent all over the cage set tonight is her last night in there before going back to her regular cage. Her diet hasn't changed at all. I have been playing with her the same as all ways. Nothing has changed in her life, until she got that infection. I'm holding off on going to the vet because I think it was the stress from her eye bugging her and it's taking a while for the fur to come back. I just need a second opinion about this situation.
Health related
Apr 08 2015
09:14:05 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
It can take a month or two for the fur to fill back in depending how big the bald patch is. Having her in a small cage probably isn't doing her any favors and probably causing her some stress, why not put the fleece in her normal cage if you want her scent on it?

Lack of stimulating toys can also contribute to boredom, and over grooming as well as being alone. The new pair will probably help providing they all get along etc..

Edited by - Leela on Apr 08 2015 09:15:52 PM
Health related
Apr 08 2015
10:19:23 PM
WolfChick323 Joey Visit WolfChick323's Photo Album 12 Posts
I leave both doors open to the big cage and the small cage but for some reason she likes the small one. I don't know why.
Bald spots over eyes

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Bald spots over eyes