Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Ugh!!!! Un neutered male advice
Question
Apr 08 2015
09:15:53 PM
I have two unnneutered males. ONE of them is always trying to have sex with the other one. They make this loud noise & he won't leave the other one alone!! I know I'm just gonna get told to neuter him but I can't afford that right now. I am stuck & don't know what to do.
Question
Apr 08 2015
09:25:33 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Sorry to say what you don't want to hear, but really you have 2 choices, separate them and or get them neutered. Separating them is only a temporary solution until they are neutered, and may cause them even more stress.

How long have they been housed together in the same cage?
Question
Apr 08 2015
09:59:57 PM
Taymills22 Joey 14 Posts
They've been together for awhile now. I've been dealing with it & trying to just ignore it but I don't think I could anymore.
Question
Apr 08 2015
10:01:01 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Well from what I gathered from your old posts you put them together back in August and have had issues with them getting along from the get go.

That's a long time to let this go on without getting them neutered like suggested by several people back then. In the last 8 months you couldn't save up enough money to get them neutered??

What are you going to do when one or both of them gets seriously injured and needs immediate vet care?

I'm not trying to be judgmental, but it's a realistic possibility and if your not financially able to prevent it how are you going to be able to take care of the results?

If you can travel there is a vet in fort myers that has reasonable rates for neutering. I think it's only 50 or at the most 75 per glider. Maybe they can give you a discount for doing two, can't hurt to ask.
Viscaya Prado Veterinary Hospital
2015 Del Prado Blvd S.
Cape Coral, Florida, 33990
(239) 574-2868

Outpatient Clinic
920 Country Club Blvd
Cape Coral, Florida, 33990
(239) 574-6171

There is a vet in Tampa but the rates are higher, but they do have a vet in house that is specialized in gliders. It's called Blue Pearl
813.936.9595 (fax)
3000 Busch Lake Blvd
Tampa FL 33614
info.fl@bluepearlvet.com
Question
Apr 08 2015
10:02:30 PM
Taymills22 Joey 14 Posts
Thank you so much for those numbers!! I will definitely call them
Question
Apr 08 2015
10:07:33 PM
Yw, I live just on the other side of Brandon there is also a vet in Brandon but I'm not sure if they do neutering or not I forgot to ask yesterday. We have an appointment there Sat for a wellness check up I know the vet in fort myers is excellent and has done loadsssssss of neuters. If you need the number for the one in Brandon I can dig it up for you, just let me know..

There is also some financial aid thing you can get for vet care called care credit or something like that I can't remember off hand hopefully someone else knows what it's called.

Edited by - Leela on Apr 08 2015 10:08:25 PM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders