Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
First out of cage play
First out of cage play
Information
Apr 25 2015
10:02:18 PM
Well I spent about half an hour with the girls out in the bathroom tonight. At first Rosie was the active one. She climbed on the hair dryer hid under a hanging towel ran over and jumped on me a couple of times all while Zadie sat on my shoulder. Then Rosie curled up in some towels I had thrown on the floor and wanted to go back to sleep. My husband came in and say petting her while Zadie decided to jump back and forth between us and ran up and down my shirt. Then she was ready to curl up and go back to sleep too. So I lured them back into their pouch and put them in their cage with treats. Yay! I was nervous to begin with though. Hard to watch both of them while they were jumping around. Haha Haha would call it successful.
Information
Apr 26 2015
10:13:39 AM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Yeah, it's a little scary at first, but you'll get used to keeping your eyes on them. I was nervous going from 2 to 3 gliders, but it goes well. I'm glad you had a good first experience, it will build confidence in you and your gliders each time.
Information
Apr 27 2015
11:41:54 AM
Ange1seyes Glider Visit Ange1seyes's Photo Album 113 Posts
Bad thing is that if I hadn't known where Rosie was curled up snoozing, I would never have guessed. hahaha Oh and the dog totally had his nose bent out of shape because I locked him out. haha He laid outside the door with his nose by the crack trying to figure out what was going on. I had stuffed a towel under the door so the girls couldn't get under...not sure they could anyway but I wasn't taking any chances.

Edited by - Ange1seyes on Apr 27 2015 11:44:31 AM
Information
Apr 27 2015
03:58:00 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Lol, yeah my dog doesn't like it when my gliders get my attention. I have to remind her that she has more freedoms and more time with me than they do.

And yep, I use a night light so I can keep track of them. I had made one with colored LED Christmas lights, but it's in storage. Now I use night light apps on my tablets and choose red or orange color.
Information
Apr 27 2015
09:03:49 PM
Ange1seyes Glider Visit Ange1seyes's Photo Album 113 Posts
I have 2 different lights in my bathroom.the bright ones over the sink and another dim one that is part of the bathroom fan. I turned the dim one on. They were fine with it. I use a fairly bright light while they are out playing in their cage and it doesn't seem to bother them since it is across the room.
First out of cage play

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
First out of cage play