Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Acting weird ..diarrhea ..don't move as much
Health related
May 06 2015
05:34:15 PM
Charlie is not acting right. He seems to be pooping more with a little diarrhea and doesn't wanna move around....he tried yogurt for the first time last night and my husband gave him a tiny bit this morning but is wasn't until now that I noticed him acting different.. I'm really nervous I'm not sure what to do..
Health related
May 06 2015
06:14:24 PM
Onelove420 Glider Visit Onelove420's Photo Album USA 89 Posts
Poor little guy..:(
I won't be too much help but I'm sure anyone would ask 1) what diet do you currently have him on? 2) how long have you had him? 3) did he eat any citrus fruits? Citrus is known to cause diarrhea.
Health related
May 07 2015
09:41:17 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
There are things that can be done to help when they only have a touch of diarrhea with no other real symptoms. However when you notice that he isn't acting right it's time to get him to a vet. Gliders, by nature, will hide an illness as long as they can...so by the time you see symptoms they've usually already been dealing with it for a while.

You'll need to make sure he stays hydrated...offer juicy fruits like watermelon.

Let us know if you have a good exotic vet who can see him asap. If you don't, post here for information on vets that may be in your area and more advice on things you might be able to do in the mean time.

I don't want to offer a 'bandaid' when it seems clear that he needs to be seen by a professional.

We know how you feel...sorry he's not feeling well.
Health related
May 11 2015
01:35:53 AM
mingsmom Face Hugger Visit mingsmom's Photo Album USA 511 Posts
Hi. If you still haven't seen the vet do so, but in the meantime offer a bit of canned pumpkin. The plain kind- NOT with spices like "pumpkin pie filling". I hope your baby is better and that the vet finds nothing serious.
Health related
May 12 2015
01:55:52 PM
CharliesMommy Starting Member 2 Posts
I went back to where I got him.... In an hour n a half he was acting better... She just said since he is young the diarrhea was hard on him.. Charlie is all better now:)
Health related
May 12 2015
02:23:56 PM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
It would be good for anyone following that has similar issues to know what exactly was done in Charlie's case.

"You went back to where you got him"...was that his breeder, a private seller, pet store?
What did she do for him that he was doing better in only an hour and a half?
Has she passed on the information for a good staple diet? A change in diet or one that is unbalanced may have caused his issues.

It is good to hear he is acting better. It's just a good place to share information here to help others.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders