Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
New travel bag from The Pampered Glider
Pictures
May 08 2015
12:54:07 PM
I ordered a travel pouch while getting a supply of OHPW supplies. I'm so happy they had this fabric in stock. I think I'll mod the straps a little bit...otherwise, I love it!

Pictures
May 08 2015
02:21:08 PM
Ange1seyes Glider Visit Ange1seyes's Photo Album 113 Posts
Very cool!!! Love the colors.
Pictures
May 08 2015
06:23:01 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Sooo cute!! love the pattern and colors!!
Pictures
May 08 2015
09:27:24 PM
GLIDEIT Super Glider Visit GLIDEIT's Photo Album Canada 330 Posts
Beautiful bag! Are these meant to contain another bonding bag inside them or are they basically just a giant bonding purse? I've been looking for a bonding bag that is more purse-like than the standard fleece zippered pouches. Really like the look of this one!
Pictures
May 09 2015
09:53:22 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
This one is lightweight fleece on the inside. It can be used by itself or with a second pouch depending on the weather and other factors. It has a large snapped pocket on one side that could hold a few personal items, etc. They have larger ones on the site, several different items actually...but, this one is really just what I was looking for. My husband was worried though. He says it looks like a purse...what if someone purse snatched the gliders. I'm usually the one going through 'worst case scenarios'. I HAD thought of this, but I'm cautious enough about my purses let alone my gliders. Bad things DO happen, but the fear of their possibility can't keep us hostage.

Anyway. Yeah. I like it.
Pictures
May 09 2015
10:02:54 AM
BandP Super Glider Visit BandP's Photo Album 389 Posts
How big is it? From the picture, it looks to be not much bigger than a bonding pouch. Do you plan to drive long distances using it, or is it just for short jaunts?

Is there something you would recommend for longer travel?
Pictures
May 10 2015
10:45:40 AM
Check out the pampered glider site. They do have larger bags for longer travels as well as an actual travel "cage" type thing that would do well for long weekends. This bag is larger than most pouches...but I do plan it for only in town wandering, it's plenty comfortable for an all day outing, though. At least for my trio. It's 10"x12"x3". Large screen for air flow but will be kept toward me when they are on me. In our climate here it will be a good all around day traveler. Very inconspicuous as I'm not into explaining to anyone and everyone what and why I have critters with me.
Pictures
May 11 2015
07:41:50 AM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
i love it!!!

Pictures
May 11 2015
11:46:16 AM
RaveMoon Joey 29 Posts
Oooh, I LOVE that bag! WOW! I'm definitely going to have to get one of those...really cool!

I went to the page (they're in Michigan - woo!) and it looks like they have a lot of crocheted items on their page. Are those glider safe? I'm an avid crocheter and have been wondering if I could whip up some bags and pouches/hidies out of fleece yarn?
Pictures
May 11 2015
01:51:52 PM
Ange1seyes Glider Visit Ange1seyes's Photo Album 113 Posts
This would be a much better alternative than walking around looking like I'm pregnant with a bonding pouch hid under my shirt.
Pictures
May 12 2015
05:12:29 AM
vsJewel Glider Visit vsJewel's Photo Album USA 70 Posts
Just bought mine!! Thanks
Pictures
May 12 2015
05:28:14 AM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
I bought one too! Thanks for the info!
Pictures
May 12 2015
08:15:26 AM
Awesome!

As I mentioned, I'll be modifying the shoulder straps on mine. They're made pretty thick and it just doesn't sit quite right on my shoulder. I'm just going to take off the one that is on the non-screened side. Much more comfortable and feels more secure like it doesn't want to slip off. Of course, I keep one hand grasping the strap when walking around, though.

Excited to see all the new ones!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders