Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sugarglider has sudden diarrhea?
Health related
May 10 2015
01:34:12 PM
My sugarglider I just noticed today he had greenish runny poop it smells kinda bad. He hasn't had this since I first got him 2 years ago. I woke him up to clean his cage and thAt is when he had it. I Haven't changed his diet. It is fruits and veggies mix with some chicken. I ran out of my HPW liquid awhile ago and made some more last night but haven't given him any yet. Should I just take him to the vet? Or is there a food to help him firm up his stool? Need help please.
Health related
May 10 2015
02:08:35 PM
Coreymycat Joey Visit Coreymycat's Photo Album 36 Posts
Update: I checked his stool again and it has a form now it isn't just runny. It has formed up but it still has a green color to it. But it doesn't smell nearly as bad as earlier. But if anyone has suggestions as to what I can do. Please comment.
Health related
May 10 2015
05:46:17 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I'm glad there seems to be an improvement with his stools. I would call the vets tomorrow if it continues to be abnormal. I'm not sure all what could have caused the abnormal stool, but if he continues to improve and overall appears healthy by tomorrow, I wouldn't be so concerned unless it happens again.

It wouldn't hurt either way to jot down the date, description and anything he was offered to eat in the last two days (yesterday-today). Keep the note to see if you can find anything of a pattern if it happens again.

Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders