GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
DIARRHEA. NEED SUGGESTION BADLY.
Health related
May 26 2015
09:41:28 PM
My baby sugar have diarrhea..

his very picky doesn't eat anything accept apple. Now he has diarrhea. i have bring him to visit the vet. the vet gave me medicine for him but it have no changes. the poop is still watery and it has been a week. the time he wanna poop he lift up his tail and making those noise. im so worry. but when come to night his still very active.

Edited by - taytay on May 26 2015 09:42:14 PM
Health related
May 27 2015
12:00:22 AM
Smash0196 Glider Visit Smash0196's Photo Album Smash0196's Journal Canada 123 Posts
If he's only eating apple, he's not getting a proper diet which could be helping the diarrhea. Is he dehydrated? (does his not move back in to place after a second or two on him if you move it)
If he is a picky eater, try blending things up. That way, he smells and tastes the apple in there, but is getting other nutrients as well.
My advice is to avoid acidic foods right now too, they can cause diarrhea.
Does he have a staple diet, if not; the introduction of a good staple might help.
Health related
May 27 2015
12:40:31 AM
Adoredamore Joey 20 Posts
I agree he needs to be put on a staple diet, apple is not sufficient. You can find list of staple diets or recommended diets on this site and also by google search. If he is not feeling well and having the number two problem, have you tried giving him some pedialite? What did the vet say? I hope he starts felling better soon. Is he a single glider? Is he depressed?
Health related
May 27 2015
01:12:34 AM
taytay Starting Member 6 Posts
i have try blending fruits together. he doesn't wanna touch it at all. ANY RECOMMEND? his a single glider. But every night I'll play with him for 1 or 2 hours and his very active. And now im using hand force to let him take those medic and HPW. Everyday i hand force him to drink glucose with water too. The vet say wait for 1 week and see do he still have watery pop. but im getting scare.
Health related
May 27 2015
02:37:29 AM
taytay Starting Member 6 Posts
guys. thanks for those advice. he has pass away.. maybe is a good choice? he can get rid of those suffer.
Health related
May 27 2015
03:59:57 AM
Smash0196 Glider Visit Smash0196's Photo Album Smash0196's Journal Canada 123 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss :(
Health related
May 27 2015
09:50:42 AM
lfr899 Glider Visit lfr899's Photo Album USA 58 Posts
Aww I'm so sorry for your loss..my heart goes out to you.
Health related
May 27 2015
01:19:02 PM
mechnut450 Glider Visit mechnut450's Photo Album 121 Posts
sorry to hear he passed away.
Health related
May 28 2015
01:24:32 AM
Adoredamore Joey 20 Posts
Oh, I am so sorry. Fly high little dude. Yes, you are right, he isn't in pain anymore. poor bubba. RIP
Health related
May 28 2015
05:08:53 AM
miamama1 Starting Member 5 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss! The same thing happened to my first sugar glider Oatmeal, same exact thing. She stopped eating, and got really sick, with diarrhea. Prayers to you and your lost angel.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders