Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Do your gliders ever protest being put back in their cage?
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 18 2015
10:34:57 AM
Mine have started this. Ugh. I'll get one back in the cage FINALLY and then i spend a good ten minutes trying to convince the other. So I'll put her into the cage, wait for her to get off my hand, and while im doing that - the first one will jump back out!
My braver girl loooooooooves to just run all over me from my feet to the back of my head while im trying to get her.

Edited by - trainedmermaid on Jun 18 2015 10:35:18 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 18 2015
10:57:21 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
heh, same here, but with 4 of them. I somehow gave up putting them back in their cage, I wait for them to go by themselves.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 18 2015
12:52:17 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Lol, two of mine will run back and forth on my back to avoid going into the cage. The third one goes in more readily.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 18 2015
06:37:35 PM
Mila Starting Member 7 Posts
Both of mine are completely opposite of yours. Mine are so ready to go back in their cage. I actually have a harder time getting them out. They prefer to be in their cage with their favorite thing in the world: their wheel. All depends on the glider.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 18 2015
11:36:32 PM
sleighr Face Hugger Visit sleighr's Photo Album AZ, USA 648 Posts
We have a couple home bodies and a couple that will not let themselves b caught if they can help it. I try to get up a bit b4 they go to bed. Then we get a few minutes of play and I don't have to make an effort... they just hop in the bag when they are ready....
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 12 2015
01:19:20 AM
kendalsgliders Starting Member Visit kendalsgliders's Photo Album 9 Posts
I just got my babies a few days ago and I already have this problem! They are absolutely wild! I feel both happy and overwhelmed with this trait of theirs lol.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 12 2015
07:48:08 AM
jlprkr Glider Visit jlprkr's Photo Album 90 Posts
Mine are a pain too! How much time do you spend with them outside the cage on average? Just curious... I usually try and go for 45min to an hour depending on whats going on that night. The longer I spend with them the easier seems to be. I'll usually get Rocket in first, he immediately goes for his wheel, then my younger glider Stitch who can really be stubborn lol. I think it is just part of the routine now and just keep at it lol, good luck!!
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 19 2015
05:01:39 PM
Jodykersten Joey 45 Posts
Lol mine dont have a cage they have a room but i do have troubles getting them off me to leave the room IMAO.
at least 2 of them, the third isnt bonded that well. but i only have them for about 3 weeks now..
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 19 2015
07:29:19 PM
lancegtx Glider 194 Posts
I know this struggle very well... Its like playing whackamole. Get one to go inside and the other 2 pop out.

I have the best luck with corralling them all into the same pouch then putting that pouch inside.

Edited by - lancegtx on Jul 19 2015 07:29:47 PM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders