Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
What the result ? can you predicted ?
Question
Jun 20 2015
05:15:07 AM
I have a pair Sugar Glider, the male is Ringtail Mozaic from Leucistic(Mom) x Platinum Mozaic(Dad) and the female is White Face Blonde from Leucistic(Mom) x Platinum Mozaic(Dad)too.

So if they are mating, what is their baby ? Can they product Leucistic Glider ?
Question
Jun 20 2015
10:12:38 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
First - do you have a complete lineage on both gliders and have you checked to see how closely they are related?

There are only 3 leucistic family lines so it is likely that they do share a common ancestor - if it is closer than 3 generations I would NOT breed them.

The Mosaic trait is a dominant one so you definitely could get a mosaic glider from this pair.

quote:
the female is White Face Blonde from Leucistic(Mom) x Platinum Mozaic(Dad)too.

If the female does not show Mosaic traits - White patches in her fur and white feet or legs - then she did not inherit the Mosaic Gene but she does carry the Dominant White Face Gene.

With this pair you could have leucistic, mosaic, white face mosaic, white face, platinum or classic grey joeys. You could also get the platinum with either mosaic or white face traits. All joeys (except leucistic ones) would be 50% Leu Het.

I would however NOT breed this pair unless their common ancestors are at least 3 generations back.
Question
Jun 20 2015
10:20:10 AM
Ade Firmansah Joey Visit Ade Firmansah's Photo Album 19 Posts
Thanks Candy, btw the male Glider and the female Glider is different parents, not like brother and sister, I'm lucky both parents the male and the female is Leu x Mozaic Platinum hehe ! xD

They aren't RELATED, I buy both Glider on different Breeder ! :)

Edited by - Ade Firmansah on Jun 20 2015 10:23:19 AM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders