Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is Glider Gravy a Good Diet??
Question
Jun 20 2015
04:59:07 PM
Hi! I got my sugar glider, Trixie, from PP two months ago, and I was wondering if Glider Gravy (and of course, fruits and vitamins) is a good diet for her? I used to feed her pellets (GliderChow) but now I am thinking about only feeding it to her here and there to keep her teeth healthy. Please answer my question and please leave any tips you have!!
Question
Jun 20 2015
06:59:45 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
The Glider Gravy from Pocket Pets is Critter Love Complete (renamed and packaged for Pocket Pets) It is a good diet. Peggy Brewer is the creator of the Original HPW (OHPW) diet plan and went on to create a high protein powder product and they were formerly known as HPW Complete and HPW Plus, Plus version being made the same way as the OHPW only using her own (American made) brand of high protein powder instead of using the Wombaroo brand that was used in OHPW. Because of confusion with knock off brands also using the HPW name, she changed her brand name to Critter Love.

With the Glider Gravy, you do not need, and shouldn't use the "Glide-a-mins" they provide, it can overdose or under dose your gliders if one gets up and licks all the powder off, getting too much and the other gets little to none. Even if you have one glider right now, you can't be sure how much he/she is getting.

The pellets "Glider Chow" I believe is from a different source then they once used and is a better quality pellet now, which has also been renamed and repackaged for Pocket Pets, from what I have read recently. It should be okay to serve occasionally or even to leave a few daily in the cage if you have snackers (I do, mine will snack at times, especially my boy).

The most important thing to remember to serve along with the Glider Gravy is to use a variety of fruits and vegetables, to make sure that added nutrients are well balanced. There are actually mixes listed on This Website

I hope I've answered your questions.

Toss the Glide-a-mins, they're not good for them.
Question
Jun 20 2015
10:32:32 PM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
My opinion: no, no and no.
Question
Jun 21 2015
07:15:23 AM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
There has been studies (recent) done and the Critter Love brand is a good diet. The fact that the product you have has been sold by a company which has sub par practices, to say it nicely, does not change the formulation of Glider Gravy, however supporting the Pocket Pet company, due to their practices and mis leading information they provide is highly discouraged.

Edited by - TJones09 on Jun 21 2015 07:16:12 AM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders