Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Popping sound while awake?
Question
Jun 23 2015
07:45:31 PM
Sebastian is making a popping noise. I've heard his "om nom nom" sounds, but this one is different. It's slow, without any particular rhythm and not followed by the happy food grunting.

I've had him curled up in my bra this evening asleep. His new Stealth wheel arrived today, so he's been hanging out in my shirt while I assembled it. I thought I heard faint sounds of some kind, but thought it was in the house somewhere. When I poked my nose in my shirt to check on him, he was looking up at me and I saw his little mouth do the "pop". I sort of mimicked it and he did it again... so it's an intentional sound. We were just staring at each other... poppin'.

I've read up on glider sounds and learned about crabbing, sneezing, clicking, chattering... but popping? What's he saying?
Question
Jun 23 2015
09:52:23 PM
GLIDEIT Super Glider Visit GLIDEIT's Photo Album Canada 330 Posts
Popping is a contented, happy noise...basically the sugar glider equivalent to a cats purring. They do it a lot while they're sleeping cuddled up, but they'll do it while awake too, especially while getting petted, in my experience!

Edited by - GLIDEIT on Jun 23 2015 09:53:11 PM
Question
Jun 23 2015
10:03:05 PM
WithyWillow Glider Visit WithyWillow's Photo Album 97 Posts
That's good to know. We held an interesting conversation together, but only one of us knows the extent of what was said! I thought he was annoyed with me moving around so much.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders