Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
sleeping at night
sleeping at night
Health related
Jun 24 2015
09:22:23 PM
I just got my first pair of sugar gliders 2 days ago (7 months and 1 year). Last night they only seemed to eat about half of the recommended amount of food that I gave them and were pretty active all night. Today I held them in a bonding pouch for around 4 hours, when I let them free in the cage around 9:30 pm I saw them nibble on just a little bit of food and were active for only about an hour before going back to sleep. Should I be worried that something is wrong?
Health related
Jun 24 2015
09:36:14 PM
Bossihamham Glider Visit Bossihamham's Photo Album Bossihamham's Journal 195 Posts
They may just be nervous because they moved to a new home. They eat gradually overnight so don't worry if they eat a little then go back to sleep. Every glider has their own time for waking up, your's might normally get up at 11:00 pm. You just don't know their schedule for waking up and eating yet. Give it some time, you've only had them for a few days. If you notice for a longer period of time that they aren't eating enough then take them to a vet. But maybe they eat less than some other gliders do. I know I eat less than most other people and I'm fine so don't sweat it. If they do seem really thin, bony, and less energetic then you should be concerned and take then to a vet. Hope this helps
sleeping at night

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
sleeping at night