Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Traveling with gliders
Traveling with gliders
Question
Jun 26 2015
08:07:23 PM
What do you recommend for a travel cage for gliders? I bought a cat carrier type cage for them, it's cloth with mesh sides. Its not super big, but it something that would only be used for one night at a time and not very frequently. Is that too small for one night if they have plenty of time outside of it to play at night?
Question
Jun 27 2015
08:41:37 AM
TnDairyGirl Joey Visit TnDairyGirl's Photo Album 29 Posts
I personally wouldn't recommend the cloth cage. I stay over at my fiancé's house regularly (like 4 times a month) and tried that type of cage. Needless to say the fur baby about had a come apart. I sucked it up and bought a smaller wire cage, for parakeets and small birds, and outfitted it with all the things he would need. So now all I have to do is bring food and him over.
Question
Jun 27 2015
07:58:35 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Sent you a pm.
Question
Jun 28 2015
03:42:01 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
True story regarding cat/dog carrier that just took place last night.... This lady was up until 2 am trying to safely contain this glider in the bathroom of a motel.
She did a very good job with what she had to work with ( towels and shoe strings )

But it's not the most ideal way to enjoy an overnight get away. The glider was fine the rest of the night but he did manage to close the door to the cat carrier which means he couldn't get to his food or water for a few hours. I suggested she rob her kids shoe strings to tie the toilet lid to the seat so he couldn't wiggle his way between them.... her kids were a lil confused this morning wondering why the toilet was tied up but it worked and Mom got a little sleep because of it.

So even if you don't plan on being away from home very often, invest in a good small normal type cage and save yourself a whole lot of issues in the long run.

Question
Jun 29 2015
12:11:28 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Leela, thanks for sharing. I'd just like to clarify that the carriers are not the same thing as the pop up dog kennels many safely use. Just in case some may confuse the two.

Edited by - TJones09 on Jun 29 2015 12:12:03 PM
Question
Jun 29 2015
02:08:39 PM
sunshynrn Starting Member 1 Posts
Getting ready to take my first overnight trip with my gliders, I have one of those mesh animal carriers I use if I'm just going out for the day, to my parents or sisters house, something like that. But for this trip we will be gone a few days so I have a smaller wire cage that I will be using in the hotel room. Glad I made that decision after reading these experiences. Thanks for sharing.
Question
Jun 29 2015
05:45:57 PM
Erinn92 Starting Member 3 Posts
Thanks for your answers! We didn't end up taking them like we planned because we wanted them to get used to being in the carrier before we do that. It is pretty small for them, but its only for if we absolutely have to take them somewhere so hopefully we wont be using it too often!
Traveling with gliders

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Traveling with gliders