Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
diet?
diet?
Food, Diet
Jul 16 2015
01:21:14 PM
diets confuse me so much.. what's the easiest one? I love giving fruits and veggies and protein, but I know he needs a staple diet. I did the HPW for a bit but I found it didn't store well (I froze it). He's not a picky eater at all (just won't eat carrots lol). I guess I'm trying to see if there's a diet out there that I can mix other foods with, without there being a problem. I know there's some diets where there's a list of extra stuff but I would really like to have a lot of leeway with what I give him.
Food, Diet
Jul 16 2015
01:39:07 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
quote:
I did the HPW for a bit but I found it didn't store well (I froze it).

In what way did it not store well? Most glider staples are made in a batch that will last 2 gliders about a month and the preferred method of storage is freezing in ice cube trays for easy serving each night.

As far as being EASY - HPW or as it is now know CritterLove Original is about as easy as glider diets get unless you choose the Add Water Only version CritterLove Complete.

quote:
I love giving fruits and veggies and protein, but I know he needs a staple diet.

The staple you choose to make for your glider IS the protein as well as the source of vitamins and calcium gliders need daily. You can mix things up by offering a wide variety of fruits and vegetables with the staple.

The maker of the CritterLove diets has recipes for huge recipes mixing fruits and vegetables together. They are strongly recommended but NOT required.

I have my own GliderKids feeding plan with several optional recipes for the staple. I recommend feeding one or two fruits and one or two vegetables with the staple each night. My gliders get a much wider variety of fruits and vegetables that the CritterLove 'salads' provide. I offer my gliders at least 7 different fruits and 7 different vegetables each week. I limit mixed vegetables (counts as 1 veggie) to one night a week and I try to offer a dark green vegetable like Kale or Spinach once a week. My gliders love broccoli, okra, sugar snap peas, green beans, yellow wax beans, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and mixed vegetables. I use watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, blue berries, black berries, mango, papaya, grapes, clementines and other fruits when I have them. There is no limitation on the choices of fruits and vegetables on my feeding plan other than the toxic foods. (garlic, onion, leeks, rhubarb and chocolate)

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com/Staple-Recipes.html
Food, Diet
Jul 16 2015
01:51:15 PM
soontobesugarmommy Joey Visit soontobesugarmommy's Photo Album NH, USA 34 Posts
Candy
I just checked out your diets and they sound good:) where can I find the pee pollen and wombaroo? can I get it at a whole foods store?
Food, Diet
Jul 16 2015
06:12:45 PM
dave.klatz Joey 39 Posts
bee pollen i got at the vitamin shoppe. enough for around 24 batches for about $12. i'm looking to see where people say to get the wombaroo.
Food, Diet
Jul 16 2015
06:28:19 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Try The Pampered Glider.
Food, Diet
Jul 16 2015
11:17:47 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
You can get the Wombaroo High Protein Supplement from the Pampered Glider

http://www.thepamperedglider.com/supplements.htm

She also sells bee pollen and ships very quickly.

I buy the Now Brand Calcium, bee pollen and locally produced raw honey from a local health food store. If you cannot find the Calcium Carbonate locally it can also be ordered on line here:

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-881-now-foods-calcium-carbonate-powder-12-oz
diet?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
diet?