Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Preparing an HPW/Critterlove salad
Food, Diet
Aug 03 2015
04:09:39 PM
Hey! So far I've been feeding my new glider (and yes, I am looking into getting her a cagemate) the Critterlove/HPW complete with a variety of fruits and veggies, trying to find the ones she likes. At the moment, though, while she eats all of her fruit and staple, she doesn't like many vegetables, and even the ones she reliably eats (mostly cucumber and sugar snap peas, so far) she doesn't usually finish.

I'm thinking I might have better luck with one of the salads/relishes recommended on the Critterlove site, aside from worrying less about her calcium:phosphorus ratio.

However, they are all listed in grams. Is there a cups and taplespoons conversion available for any of these, or should I plan on investing in a kitchen scale?

Side note: Ginny is 16 weeks old and is not interested in mealies. I've even cut one in half, squeezed the guts out, and put them right up against her mouth and nose. She licked them a little but then turned her head away. Do some gliders just not like mealworms?
Food, Diet
Aug 03 2015
07:56:00 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
You may want to contact Peggy through her web sight and ask for the cup measurements.

These recipes may a HUGE amount of food - that will last one glider many months.

These are more practical for someone feeding MANY gliders each night.

I would divide the recipe and make a smaller quantity for one glider. Even 1/4 of the recipe will last a month or longer.

Food, Diet
Aug 06 2015
01:12:31 PM
Trobairitz Joey Visit Trobairitz's Photo Album Trobairitz's Journal VA, USA 25 Posts
Thanks for the great advice (as always), Candy! I'll contact Peggy.

I really appreciate all of your help over the past few weeks, and I'm sure Ginny does, too.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders