GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
First week update and pic of my sweet boy
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 03 2015
05:52:38 PM
Hey all,
Yesterday was 1 week with our new little guy "Joey"! First couple of days went so well, and then I guess he realized he wasn't going back to his momma and started acting a bit scared and jumpy, and was biting, so I gave him a few days to adjust and started over a little slower with the bonding. We finally had a good snuggle session today.

www.dropbox.com/s/46ht5qx9xaagpgb/11816048_1117478061613176_864028791_n.jpg?dl=0

Just working on, greeting, trust, and finding a groove on how to do every thing and when.

I have his diet switched from Exotic nutrition diet to Priscilla Price Diet, he is eating it very well. With the exception of meal worms, he hasn't figured out that those are yummy yet, just sniffs at them and turns the other direction.
Since he is a lone ranger at the moment I Have placed a new toy or toys in the cage each night to keep him playing until we can figure out if his momma is pouching a sibling "cage mate" for him.(Straws were a hit) If not I will be on the search for a little girl!
Pricing around for Neuter here in the very near future so we can get a cage mate asap, I am terrified that he is going to get lonely. Also Very nervous about the neuter for him I wish it was done and ever with already.
I posted about his toe on like day 2 of having him, he got it hurt in the cage door, it is not any worse, but still looks the same so I will most likely be going to the vet to get him checked out, even though he seems just fine, and is getting around just fine. It's bugging me.

Well sorry for rambling, I have no glider friends in the area so I turn to this site a lot. I love reading all the different topics and learning from you guys! Hope you all have a blessed week with your sugar babies.

Default, miscellaneous
Aug 03 2015
09:16:08 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
He has such a sweet face!

I'm so glad you found this site, are doing research and are doing the right things. Finding the right routine of things can at times seem challenging. But if something isn't working or needs switching up, it's not too bad, main things will get establishes and then the rest kind of goes with the flow. It sounds like things are going well, and you have great plans.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 04 2015
10:05:42 AM
shandahope Joey 13 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by TJones09

He has such a sweet face!

I'm so glad you found this site, are doing research and are doing the right things. Finding the right routine of things can at times seem challenging. But if something isn't working or needs switching up, it's not too bad, main things will get establishes and then the rest kind of goes with the flow. It sounds like things are going well, and you have great plans.

I am so glad I did too! Lots of great info and people on here as far as I have seen! I'll get the routine down and then school will start and I'll have to modify it a bit lol. So far so good with everything. Just gotta keep the cage interesting until we get a friend for him.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders