Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Fruit Not Veggies
Fruit Not Veggies
Food, Diet
Aug 16 2015
04:19:38 PM
I've had my pair of gliders almost a week now. I have them on the HPW diet. They love the HPW mixture and drink it down no problem every night. The only issue I'm having is that they eat all of their fruit (apples and kiwi) and are not barely eating any of the vegetables (carrots and celery). Is this normal and is there anything I can do while prepping the veggies to make them more appetizing? Thanks.

P.S.- Absolutely love this forum...I'm a first time glider owner and the information compiled from everyone's collective experience has been super helpful!
Food, Diet
Aug 16 2015
04:33:38 PM
Bossihamham Glider Visit Bossihamham's Photo Album Bossihamham's Journal 195 Posts
Gliders can be picky ratings. They may liked etching one day and not like it the next day. Try mixing up the veggies. They should'nt be getting just carrots and celery everyday. Try peas, spinach, bok choy, green beans, broccoli. Try to find something they like. I have heard that some people boil the veggies a little before they serve them and their gliders like it so may you can try that.
Food, Diet
Aug 16 2015
09:16:17 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Try offering more vegetables than fruit and expand the menu to include a wide variety of fruits and vegetables.

I feed one fruit and one vegetable each night - but different ones each night so my gliders get at least 7 different fruits and 7 different vegetables.

I use primarily use -

mixed vegetables, broccoli, green beans, sugar snap peas, spinach or kale, and okra.

cantaloupe, honeydew melon, watermelon, blueberries, blackberries, papaya and mango
Fruit Not Veggies

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Fruit Not Veggies