Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
advice on wheel for Brisbane cage?
Question
Aug 29 2015
11:07:32 AM
I'm going to order a wheel today, I have a Brisbane cage, anyone else have the cage who has advice on which wheel to buy? (Also looking for advice on like, ground wheel, side mount, Xmount, etc.) thanks!!
Question
Aug 29 2015
09:00:49 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I have Stealth wheels, and I started out with floor stands. After a while I got tired of trying to wipe the pee off the stands because the cloth kept snagging on the tie wraps. It sounds like a small thing, but I am happier since I switched to cage mounts. I will say that it is almost a 2-man job installing the cage mounts!
It takes a while to get your wheel after you order it, because the people who make the best glider wheels make them one at a time after their day jobs.
Information
Aug 29 2015
09:04:29 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
I prefer side mounted wheels over the floor stands because they are quieter. The floor stands rattle when the wheel is being used unless it is tied to the side of the cage so it does not move around.

The type of side mount would be determined by the mount designed for the brand wheel you purchase.
Question
Aug 29 2015
09:07:49 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
quote:
It takes a while to get your wheel after you order it, because the people who make the best glider wheels make them one at a time after their day jobs.

The Raptor Wheels seem to take longest to get because David had a huge back order list when he was sick a few months ago.

Stealth Wheels are usually shipped very quickly. I have had stealth wheels for 6 years and they are all still silent and good as new.
Question
Aug 29 2015
10:14:45 PM
GLIDEIT Super Glider Visit GLIDEIT's Photo Album Canada 330 Posts
I have floor stands and x mounts and find the x mounts are the easiest to install and remove. I have a floor wheel and a x mount in each cage and I find the gliders like to use the wheels more when they're off the ground, too.
Question
Aug 30 2015
06:00:38 AM
soontobesugarmommy Joey Visit soontobesugarmommy's Photo Album NH, USA 34 Posts
Thanks!!
Question
Aug 30 2015
01:34:52 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I have Fast Track wheels, 2 regular sized, one stand and one cage mount. I also have a travel size.

The Fast Track wheel can be removed from the stand so it's easy to install the mount, then place the wheel on. This also helps if you want to change location or even for cleaning. I like having both options available, although there are some times when I only have the cage mount in, and other times I'll use either the other regular size or travel size on the floor stand, which allows me to use on floor or on a shelf and is always secured to the cage with a large, oval baby link.

Here is an example of using both wheels, this is the travel size on the shelf. Sometimes I may even use the other regular size on the shelf, but attached at the side, not the back of cage. I change the floor stand options more frequently than the cage mount because it's easier. Currently, I only have the cage mount in the cage.

Edited by - TJones09 on Aug 30 2015 01:41:34 PM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders