Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
The pp diet/TPG
The pp diet/TPG
Food, Diet
Oct 11 2015
06:51:23 PM
This diet seems really simple and perhaps "lacking" compared to the others, is that all made up for with the supplement they sell?

and can you make it with out the fruit and veggies, if you want to serve the f/v fresh?

if not, would a drop of food colloring in the ice cube trays be ok so i can easlliy tell the difference?

Edited by - sugargliderisatasteymeal on Oct 11 2015 06:51:57 PM
Food, Diet
Oct 11 2015
10:35:12 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
You could probably prepare the basic recipe with everything except the fruits and vegetables but you might need to ask Priscilla (the diet developer) to find out how much of the resulting mixture should be offered daily.

Yes the supplement they sell provides all the vitamins and calcium needed to complete the diet.

Many folks find feeding all fresh fruits and vegetables difficult because they only keep well for a few days. Unless you shop frequently and also eat the same fruits and vegetables you offer your gliders you may find some of the produce spoils before your glider can eat it all. Keep in mind that you will only be offering your gliders about 1 TBS fruit and 1 TBS vegetables per glider each night.

It is hard to purchase a wide variety of fruits and vegetables in small quantities just for your gliders and keep them fresh until they are used up.

For example if you purchase a cantaloupe - the gliders might eat a 1 inch slice as one of several fruits you would be offering each week - that leaves a large amount of the cantaloupe for you and the family to eat before it spoils.

I freeze melons my self to prevent waste. I buy most of my vegetables and some fruits already frozen.

I would not add food coloring to the glider's food. You can put the cubes in a zip lock bag and label the outside of the bag. You can also cover the ice cube tray with plastic wrap and put a label on the outside. I have ice cube trays that have a cover but I only make one batch of their staple at a time to I do not need to label the trays.

Edited by - Candy on Oct 11 2015 10:39:50 PM
Food, Diet
Oct 11 2015
10:38:32 PM
sugargliderisatasteymeal Glider Visit sugargliderisatasteymeal's Photo Album 87 Posts
i get free "spoiled" fruits and veggies from the store for my goats, not really spoiled though, i pick through them myself lol
Food, Diet
Oct 11 2015
10:45:58 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
That might not be the best choice for sugar gliders. They are susceptible to bacterial infections and feeding produce that is past its prime may expose them to illnesses that their small bodies can't handle.
The pp diet/TPG

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
The pp diet/TPG