Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Bonding pouch help!!
Bonding pouch help!!
Question
Oct 13 2015
08:55:34 PM
Can I put my 2 sugar gliders in the same pouch? Or I only have one right now but I will soon be getting her twin and I was wondering if they could both stay in it? I don't know if they'll share or not, as it is my first time being a parents of these babies.would I need to buy another one? They are both 10 weeks and get along great I've heard but since I got the other one first in not sure if it will be protective over it? Also would I be able to carry them around in the same pouch at the same time? Thanks to you all :)
Information
Oct 13 2015
09:55:05 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Yes you can carry both gliders in the same bonding pouch.

Since they are sisters, you will not need to quarantine the second glider when you bring her home, but if you do not bring her home quite soon, you may need to re-introduce the two gliders to each other which might require a temporary cage for the new glider until you have had some time to swap pouches and do supervised introductions before putting them in the same cage together.

They are likely to get along just fine, but if they have been separated for several weeks, they might fight if just put together in the cage.
Information
Oct 13 2015
10:12:56 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
In another post this morning you stated that you were originally going to get both twins but the other joey was sold so you only got one.

Then you posted here this evening that you are getting you glider's sister.

Which is it? Are you getting the twin sister - or another joey from someone other than the breeder you got the first joey from?

If you are getting a second glider from someone other than the breeder - then you would need to follow the recommended 30 day quarantine and do very careful introductions after the quarantine and vet checks to make sure both gliders are healthy and that neither has parasite issues that they would share with the other glider.

Question
Oct 14 2015
04:43:27 PM
Animallover7 Glider Visit Animallover7's Photo Album 62 Posts
Candy,,, (sorry I don't know how to tag people) she sold the twin and the lady decided not to keep it because she realized how much work it would be. She gave it back to the lady that sold to me and she told me about it and I'm going to be getting it Friday or Saturday, sorry for the misunderstanding probably should've added it in my paragraph. Lol
Question
Oct 14 2015
04:44:51 PM
Candy,,, (sorry I don't know how to tag people) she sold the twin and the lady decided not to keep it because she realized how much work it would be. She gave it back to the lady that sold to me and she told me about it and I'm going to be getting it Friday or Saturday, sorry for the misunderstanding probably should've added it in my paragraph. Lol
Question
Oct 14 2015
04:51:37 PM
Oops and 1 more question, since my baby was ik her pouch first, do u think she'll be protective over it and not let the other one in?? Like if I put my hand near her pouch she'll make that noise am so just don't what it to be like taht for the twin. I'm not sure if she'd let the other one go in it too.
Question
Oct 15 2015
04:54:14 PM
suggiesanchez Starting Member 7 Posts
Since the gliders are related, it shouldn't be too much of a fight over the pouch but I would still carefully introduce them with the pouch in case something does happen. If they are very bonded then the other one should be thrilled to share. Just make sure to watch them share the pouch the first day (better safe than sorry). Good luck :)
Bonding pouch help!!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Bonding pouch help!!