Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home
Help rehoming in Northern NJ
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 14 2015
02:50:59 PM
I need advice (and not judgment) regarding rehoming some of the sugar gliders I am caring for. I have an unofficial sugar glider rescue in Northern NJ. This started working in a pet store and giving homes to those who bought them and later decided they could no longer care for them. The problem is that I earned a reputation for this and have ended up with way more than I can accommodate any longer. I would like to find permanent homes for some of them and am unsure how to go about finding appropriate sugar glider-parents. I would like to charge a low adoption fee (just because I feel that “free” invites impulsive decisions). I have different sexes of varying ages from 6 weeks OOP (who still need more time with mom) to about a year old. I also have different color morphs including grey, mosaic, and cremino. All are on BML.
Any advice or leads would be so greatly appreciated, but please keep negative comments to yourself.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 14 2015
03:04:31 PM
Bossihamham Glider Visit Bossihamham's Photo Album Bossihamham's Journal 195 Posts
I wish I knew this a few months ago. I live in northern nj. But I already got my gliders back in August. If I know of anyone who wants gliders I'll let you know.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 14 2015
03:10:41 PM
Suteinu Joey 33 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Bossihamham

I wish I knew this a few months ago. I live in northern nj. But I already got my gliders back in August. If I know of anyone who wants gliders I'll let you know.

I wish I had posted this earlier! Thank you for keeping an ear out, though.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 14 2015
09:22:56 PM
Bossihamham Glider Visit Bossihamham's Photo Album Bossihamham's Journal 195 Posts
Where in nj are you. I'm wondering if I'll be able to take on a third glider. My husband and I will have to talk about it, but I would like to see if your close enough to have my gliders interact with one of yours. I don't know how they would react but it may be with a shot. Both my gliders are only 5 months old so maybe they'll take to a new buddy right away. I just don't have the means to get another cage and materials to do the scent swapping.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 16 2015
06:44:58 AM
mechnut450 Glider Visit mechnut450's Photo Album 121 Posts
Suteinu I sent you a private message ...
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 16 2015
06:51:42 PM
Suteinu Joey 33 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Bossihamham

Where in nj are you. I'm wondering if I'll be able to take on a third glider. My husband and I will have to talk about it, but I would like to see if your close enough to have my gliders interact with one of yours. I don't know how they would react but it may be with a shot. Both my gliders are only 5 months old so maybe they'll take to a new buddy right away. I just don't have the means to get another cage and materials to do the scent swapping.

Hey, I am in Oak Ridge, NJ (07438) if that helps. The issue I see with introductions to see if they get along is there would be no quarantine period. There is a risk involved. Also, I have found that sometimes, slow introductions are best and might require more than just one meeting.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 17 2015
12:38:36 PM
sofiedigital Starting Member Visit sofiedigital's Photo Album 7 Posts
I am interested. I am a owner of a colony of 5, but I recently took in a 6 year old neutered male who lost his mate, and my colony is not taking to him nicely. As and as I cannot afford to buy a glider, I am looking to find one that needs a good home, because my poor little guy needs a mate, I was told his last mate passed away a year ago. All of my gliders so far have been rescues. I am in new york city and would be willing to come to new jersey and meet personally, I just really need a mate for my new buddy, he is a sweetheart. Please contact me if this is what you are looking to do, rehome gliders to a new home, as I am very interestedddd! I could even bring my male in a carrier for the ride so we could introduce him to one on the spot.... my name is Sofia, and my email is sofiedigital@gmail.com
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 17 2015
12:48:26 PM
sofiedigital Starting Member Visit sofiedigital's Photo Album 7 Posts
This is Chip, my new little guy who needs a friend :-/

Edited by - sofiedigital on Oct 17 2015 12:49:43 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 17 2015
02:27:16 PM
You're not too far from me but you're right, I wouldn't want to expose either of our gliders to disease. I just can't spend the money for all the supplies and even then it still may not work out. I was kinda hoping that maybe since my gliders are younger they would be more willing to take to a new friend. Best wishes to you and your gliders, I hope they find good loving homes.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 19 2015
04:19:37 PM
Animalgirl717 Starting Member 0 Posts
Hey i was really interested in getting a mosaic and a standard or a pair of mosaics. Sex doesn't matter, my email is redlovesblue420@gmail.com let me know if anyone can help out. I rescue chinchillas so im a good home and i have had three years experience with gliders
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 21 2015
11:46:50 AM
mechnut450 Glider Visit mechnut450's Photo Album 121 Posts
Suteinu you have another Pm with my cell
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 26 2015
06:52:43 PM
Suteinu Joey 33 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Animalgirl717

Hey i was really interested in getting a mosaic and a standard or a pair of mosaics. Sex doesn't matter, my email is redlovesblue420@gmail.com let me know if anyone can help out. I rescue chinchillas so im a good home and i have had three years experience with gliders

Hey, I just pm'ed you!
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 26 2015
07:00:10 PM
Suteinu Joey 33 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by sofiedigital

This is Chip, my new little guy who needs a friend :-/

Just pm'ed you!
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 22 2015
06:42:43 PM
miclmac20 Starting Member 0 Posts
Do you have any female babies available?
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 22 2015
06:51:19 PM
miclmac20 Starting Member 0 Posts
If you do have any female babies please write me back at miclmac@aol.com
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 22 2015
08:34:40 PM
RajasMa Joey GliderMap Visit RajasMa's Photo Album RajasMa's Journal 13 Posts
I am so interested in finding a cage mate for my Lilith ... to bad I am in Orlando Fl. Sure wish I could get one ..... If you know of or hear of someone close to me please give them my name .....

Default, miscellaneous
Dec 06 2015
11:19:30 PM
SiDzinhu Starting Member 0 Posts
I'm really interested in getting one around 8 weeks old. I hope it's not too late to adopt one.
Contact me sidzinhu@hotmail.com.
Thanks!
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 15 2015
10:51:38 AM
Johnlumbano Starting Member 0 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Suteinu

I need advice (and not judgment) regarding rehoming some of the sugar gliders I am caring for. I have an unofficial sugar glider rescue in Northern NJ. This started working in a pet store and giving homes to those who bought them and later decided they could no longer care for them. The problem is that I earned a reputation for this and have ended up with way more than I can accommodate any longer. I would like to find permanent homes for some of them and am unsure how to go about finding appropriate sugar glider-parents. I would like to charge a low adoption fee (just because I feel that “free” invites impulsive decisions). I have different sexes of varying ages from 6 weeks OOP (who still need more time with mom) to about a year old. I also have different color morphs including grey, mosaic, and cremino. All are on BML.
Any advice or leads would be so greatly appreciated, but please keep negative comments to yourself.

Hello my name is John I live in norther jersey and I would love to continue to care for 2 of your suger gliders if possible. I have 2 daughters and I brought a home not to long ago.
They would get a lot of attention and love and have Alote of space. I've been reading alote about them including talking to vets to make sure I can handle caring for then. I will leave you my email. I will be waiting for your reply. JUMBANO76@AOL.COM
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 21 2015
08:09:18 AM
penny thibodeau Starting Member Visit penny thibodeau's Photo Album 0 Posts
Im very interested if you still have them. Please let me know. Thanks!
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 10 2018
01:29:19 PM
layne.dahlia Starting Member 0 Posts
Hello,my name is Layne. I am currently searching for a pair of sugar gliders and am having trouble finding them close to home. I live in Phillipsburg NJ. I was originally going to ship a pair from an adoption center in Texas, but figured if I could take them closer to home, why not? I was wondering what the one comment under your post was talking about when they brought up a disease? Do the gliders you have have a disease? Also, are there any bonded pairs, or at least two who like each other enough to go home together as cage mates? I have to tell you I am a first time owner. But we were all there once and you have to start somewhere with your first gliders. I have been researching them for around a year and would be happy to answer any questions you may have for me. I would love for the gliders to be pretty young, under a year. Unless you feel another pair of gliders who was super sweet would be better for a first timer!!

Thank you in advance,
Layne
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 12 2020
11:50:41 AM
Natkat23 Starting Member 0 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Suteinu

Default, miscellaneous
Dec 12 2020
11:52:46 AM
Natkat23 Starting Member 0 Posts
Hi,

I am looking to adopt 2 gliders. I am 33, own a big house in South, NJ. I am very responsible and will take great care of them. Would you be able to contact me ASAP in order to adopt? I appreciate your time. Thank you

-Natalia

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home