Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion
Hamster Balls and tunnels
Question
Oct 15 2015
10:25:16 AM
I was wondering if sugar gliders would like hamster balls and tunnels? If I wanted to connect cages with tunnels, would they like that? Would they use them? And the hamster exercise balls...do they typically like to run around in those or not? Thanks for your help!
Question
Oct 15 2015
01:10:06 PM
Bossihamham Glider Visit Bossihamham's Photo Album Bossihamham's Journal 195 Posts
I have heard of gliders using larger exercise balls. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Just make sure they are supervised. They may like the tunnels too but make sure they are big enough for the glider so they don't get stuck
Question
Oct 15 2015
01:43:54 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Hamster balls are not really safe for sugar gliders. The air slits can catch the long glider 'fingers' in the slots and cause broken or even amputated toes.

Gliders also pee and poo while running around which means it would be slinging around in the ball and all over the glider.

There is a safer option for allowing your gliders to run around in a confined space called a Run-a-bout

http://www.spinzoneglobal.com/Runabout_c_13.html

Hamster tunnels are too small for many sugar gliders - and too small for you to reach in and get the glider if necessary.

I have Ferret Tunnels in my cages that my gliders love to climb around in. The larger tunnel allows me to reach my gliders in the tunnel if necessary or just to reach in to hand them a treat.

Question
Oct 16 2015
08:28:54 AM
swendall03 Starting Member 2 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely look into the ferret tunnels and the runabouts. I appreciate the help!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion