Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
Exciting progress!
Exciting progress!
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 20 2015
10:37:57 PM
I've had my two girls for about a year and a half now. In the beginning, bonding went perfectly (thanks to loads of helpful advice on these forums!). I quit smoking a few months back and my lovable, bonded girls suddenly turned into little she-devils with crabbing, lunging, and biting (much bloodshed). It took me a while to figure out why they were suddenly not my little cuddle buddies anymore.

Now that I know "mommy tree smells different (and better!)" i've been working on re-bonding. We started out with the very basics. It's been a few months now and today, out of the blue, one of my girls got spooked, ran down my shirt, and hid in my bra!! I was THRILLED even though it was slightly awkward given the fact that there were people watching as it happened. Several hours later, her sister was climbing around on my shoulder and so I lifted my shirt and sure enough, she joined her sister for a long nap between the girls .

Bonding a second time has taken much longer than when they were joeys, but I would say that as of today, we are successful in our attempts! All it takes is a lot of love, patience, understanding, and of course treats haha.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 24 2015
07:26:18 PM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
awe that's so cute and sweet! My baby kiwi loves to hide in my hair and try's to always climb down my shirt whenever possible
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 23 2015
12:52:10 PM
liski23 Glider Gliderpedia Editor Visit liski23's Photo Album liski23's Journal 80 Posts
ya same my boy mango tries to climb in my clothes and loves to play with my wet hair
Exciting progress!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
Exciting progress!