GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is diet right?
Is diet right?
Food, Diet
Oct 28 2015
03:46:44 PM
I'm feeding my girls a recipe it includes
23 oz unsweetened applesauce, 4 oz plain full fat yogurt, 3/4 cup old fashioned oats., 1 tbs ground flax seeds and 5 cooked eggs. Is this a good diet? Would it be bml, hpw or something else?
Food, Diet
Oct 28 2015
04:16:42 PM
GLIDEIT Super Glider Visit GLIDEIT's Photo Album Canada 330 Posts
Where did you find this recipe? It looks like possibly a modified TPG diet, but without the benefit of the vitamins/minerals/probiotics/etc that the actual TPG diet requires.

I would recommend switching to BML or OHPW over this mix. If you want to continue a diet similar to this, look into TPG (and definitely purchase the necessary supplement for it)
Food, Diet
Oct 28 2015
04:40:18 PM
Animallover7 Glider Visit Animallover7's Photo Album 62 Posts
1 question: how do I tag you in a photo? And the lady that sold me my gliders said she's been feeding her gliders this for years. What exactly is the tpg diet? Can you send me some links to a trusted diet? What's the difference between tpg, bml,hpw diet? I've already made a whole batch of this and it will last about another month. Can I finish it out till then, then make the new batch and start feeding it? Or do I need to make it soon?
Food, Diet
Oct 28 2015
08:22:34 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
quote:
1 question: how do I tag you in a photo?

You have asked this a couple times - this is a discussion forum, not facebook. There is not 'tag in a photo' feature in the forum.

Now - You have asked so many diet questions my head is spinning but I will try to answer your question.

In several of your diet questions I have posted a link to my web page - where you can find the links to several widely used glider feeding plans to help you locate the information. It seems you did not read the information on these diets. My own GliderKids Feeding plan is one of the ones you may want to consider.

Here are the individual links to the widely used feeding plans to help you locate the information. Read all of these pages to learn the differences between the diets.

http://www.bmldiet.com/index.html

http://www.critterlovedietcenter.com/original.html

http://files.meetup.com/768852/LGRSSuggieSoup.pdf

http://www.thepetglider.com/glider-care-info/nutrition-system#Recipe

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com/Staple-Recipes.html

What you are using appears to be similar to The Pet Glider Fresh Diet - but it lacks several ingredients and most importantly does not include a good vitamin source. IT IS NOT BML as you have been saying in several recent posts. It is NOT one of the well balanced diets we have encouraged you to research so you can choose one that will work well for you and your gliders.

Since you recently stated you were feeding BML - which stands for BOURBON'S MODIFIED LEADBEATERS - you were given advice specific to the BML Diet including the restrictions on the fruits and vegetables you could offer.

In Another post you stated that you had Glider Complete Pellets and HPW and that was what you were feeding your gliders when you had just gotten them. We gave advice at that time to be sure to offer a wide variety of fruits and vegetables with the HPW and to offer only small amounts of the pellets as daytime snacks.

Our advice and suggestions are based on what you tell us you are feeding your glider - we have given you misleading information based on your statement that you are feeding BML.

No wonder you are totally confused on what to feed your gliders.

So lets start all over -

Are you offering a wide variety of fruits and vegetables with this mixture?

Did the breeder who gave you the recipe give you any directions on the fruits and vegetables to feed with this diet.

5 Eggs in each batch of this mixture is probably way too much protein. Gliders do not need a very high protein diet. Excess protein can be very hard on your glider's digestive system especially the liver and kidneys.

You asked recently about the yellow/orange color of your glider's bellies. That may actually be diet related if they have been on a poorly balanced diet their entire lives. If you choose to change them to one of the well balanced diets listed above - you may see that yellow color gradually fade away.

READ the web pages listed above. Decide which of these feeding plans you want to use and follow the specific instructions for the diet you choose.

If you need help understanding the instructions for a specific diet - Please ask so we can help you follow the directions.

Food, Diet
Oct 29 2015
03:51:40 PM
Animallover7 Glider Visit Animallover7's Photo Album 62 Posts
Yes I am offering a wide variety and the first night I got a free sample of exotic nutrition hpw so I used it.they did not like it.and I'm saying its bml because the lady said its bml. And I was going to ask you some questions. In your stable diets in your account that you have on a website, is that bml? And I've already ordered the stuff for that diet. And sorry I ask many question I'm just confused because y'all are telling me stuff as other people are saying other stuff. Of course I will listen to yalls advice because y'all are probal experts. And when I say tag I meant like how y'all quote stuff.
Food, Diet
Oct 29 2015
08:21:56 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
The GliderKids Staple recipes are not BML. There is one recipe that is similar to the BML Recipe but contains less calcium supplement so there is no need to limit the fruits and vegetables you offer with it.

Notice also that the amount of the GliderKids Staple to offer each glider is 2 Teaspoons not a full Tablespoon because the recipe has less water than most other staple recipes so the glider gets more nutrients in a smaller serving.

This small serving of the staple leaves the glider more stomach room to eat the fruits and vegetables you offer. Many folks have told me their picky gliders eat everything when they were switched to the GliderKids Feeding plan.

If you have any questions about the GliderKids Feeding Plan feel free to ask.
Is diet right?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is diet right?